Minis For Sale on BAT

Started by MiniDave, January 08, 2015, 01:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cstudep

Looks a lot like a Baja style Bug I think.

BruceK

Kinda looks like this New Beetle I saw at Cars & Coffee last weekend.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

BruceK

A tasty Mk I Cooper S is now on BaT.   Big bucks will surely be necessary. 

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1965-austin-mini-cooper-s-8/

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

Red Riley

Quote from: MPlayle on May 12, 2021, 03:44:27 PM
And now a "Baja Mini"?     8.gif

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2004-mini-cooper-s-29/

I'd honestly have to say that's the best looking new MINI I've seen yet. Almost tempts me to look for a cheap one.

Jimini II

They are cheap cars now, well most of them but not this one @$16,500.

BruceK

Not an Austin, Morris, Rover, Riley, BMC, Wolseley, Innocenti, Cagiva, or  Authi.  Okay, I've been a Mini fanatic for many, many decades, but I've never hear of a IMA Mini.

The rear hatch looks cool, but sure is impractical.  Can anyone but a child fit under it?

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1977-austin-traveler-ima/

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

And a later model Mini Cooper has now appeared on BaT.

And it's LHD which will appeal to many bidders.  And it's got a carb, too.   Somehow, it does not have functional wipers.   But other than that, looks good.   It's early days, but I think this may go into the upper teens.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1991-mini-cooper-2/

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

Jimini II

Quote from: BruceK on May 26, 2021, 10:32:12 AM
Not an Austin, Morris, Rover, Riley, BMC, Wolseley, Innocenti, Cagiva, or  Authi.  Okay, I've been a Mini fanatic for many, many decades, but I've never hear of a IMA Mini.

The rear hatch looks cool, but sure is impractical.  Can anyone but a child fit under it?

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1977-austin-traveler-ima/

I saw that car a few years ago in Florida it was a well done restoration and now has a 1380.
The big plus of the rear hatch is the full width window, it has a lot more visability than the standard barn door port holes.

MiniDave

The wagon has had some money spent on it - those parts listed from Mania are spendy enough when you buy them at Spares, but from Mania? Whew! And their 1380 engine is what, about $10K?

Most everything that was done to it is pretty much what I would like in a car - it has a 3-1 diff, not a 3:20 as the ad says....

I wonder where this one will wind up - I think he's expecting it to go for what the other little red wagon did recently, with the added cachet of the back door....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

I agree it's a nice car.  But there was too much money put in it to get it back out.  Not only did the owner purchase the engine from MiniMania, but he paid a shop to install it!  $$$ after $$$$   

The one-piece hatch rather than the barn doors is cool to Mini nerds only, and it's not a woody.   So the appeal is somewhat limited.  Most people who want a Mini want the traditional Mini-shaped car.   

What do you think this will be bid to? Maybe $18,000? $20,000?  So I think RNM is pending...
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Good point. I miss Buzz, but I wouldn't pay $20-25K that I think he's expecting for this one, plus the buyers fee of 5% is another grand on 20K, plus shipping of another 2K. Just doesn't make sense to me at those numbers.

I might bid on it like I did the other one (which I actually like better than this one) and now that Heritage garage bought the other one (unless they bought it for a customer of theirs) they shouldn't be a bidder on this one - so maybe it will go reasonably - but I doubt it. probably RNM like you said. Still, they don't just let you pick your own reserve, so it may be lower than expected. We'll see......

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jimini II

I don't know what the current owner paid for the IMA but it was originally advertised in Florida for mid $20's and the last price I seen was $21k I believe. When you add in the MM 1380 engine and box and someone else doing the work he may well be into it for mid $30's, so depending on how much he is willing to loose it could well be rnm.

BruceK

Quote from: BruceK on May 24, 2021, 03:25:54 PM
A tasty Mk I Cooper S is now on BaT.   Big bucks will surely be necessary. 

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1965-austin-mini-cooper-s-8/

This running, driving Mk I Cooper S is bid to only $8,800 with just a day left!? 

Huh?
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

Jimini II

Yes I posted the same thought on BaT.
I can't see it doing big numbers as its in the area of a full strip down and restoration or will I be content fixing a few things and driving it, it seems the majority of buyers want basket case full restoration or a winter ready to go.
I am guessing it will end up in the high teens and possibly be rnm.

BruceK

The red and black MK I Cooper S was only bid to $15,000 a couple of hours before the auction ended, but there were a lot of last-minute bids and it sold for $35,000.  A good buy for a real, running S. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

There's a really nice 24K mile 2006 Pepper White Cooper S on BaT now.....the last one that sold only brought $8800, but it has 111K miles on it, lets see what low miles and a clean car are worth.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Yeah I saw that. Very interesting. That seller seems to specialize in low mile MINIs.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

Jimini II

The red/white Portuguese IMA wagon sold for $26k, with the restoration and 1380 engine it would be hard to replicate for that price.

The red/black Cooper S I am surprised at the amount of money it did. Considering the amount of work it needed to be a nice driver and the owner openly admitting there was filler in the sills I think $35k was a great deal for the seller.
Maybe the way prices are going 10 years from now I will think he stole it LOL.

The white 69/79? Aussie Moke looks to be a pretty straight driver quality Moke, it needs a top etc but looks to be pretty rust free and sitting at $12,500 right now.

The 90's red lhd Mini looks like a decent car.

MiniDave

$26K for the IMA was a shitload of money for that car IMHO.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Another, much nicer Moke on BaT....

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1967-austin-mini-moke-11/

I wonder if this car being sold at the same time will affect the other one's value?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Quote from: MiniDave on June 03, 2021, 07:56:16 AM
Another, much nicer Moke on BaT....

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1967-austin-mini-moke-11/

I wonder if this car being sold at the same time will affect the other one's value?

Not a usual Moke color, but nice Moke.   I think it will hurt the other car.

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Even tho it has to come thru Canada and there will be some costs associated with that, it seems to me to be a nicer car too. Which one would you rather have? The original 10" wheels version or the Aussie big wheel car?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Me?  I'd rather have a Moke with 10 inch wheels – but not fat alloys like this car.  Steel wheels.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S