Minis For Sale on BAT

Started by MiniDave, January 08, 2015, 01:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceK

That VTEC powered Elf sold for just $14250.   That's the lowest price VTEC Mini I've seen for a while. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

Jimini II

The blue bitsa MK I 997 Cooper vin with possibly MK II S shell and a  1275 possibly S engine with an Austin America gearbox and a chunk of aluminum missing out of one wheel just sold for $22k, the buyer is already on FB looking for a wheel.
For a no reserve auction I think the seller is or should be really happy with that result.

BruceK

Great description of that car!
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

LarryLebel

I looked up the type of wheel in the now archived wheeldictionary.net. Its an Astrali wheel which might be hard to find.

BruceK

Quote from: LarryLebel on April 24, 2021, 10:07:28 AM
I looked up the type of wheel in the now archived wheeldictionary.net. Its an Astrali wheel which might be hard to find.

Besides being hard to find, apparently the alloy metallurgy of the 1960s makes those old wheels very brittle.  I had an original Cosmic wheel from the 60s break like that back in the 1980s when it was only 20 years old.  I wasn't fool enough to try and mount it on the car like that owner did.    I wouldn't waste any time trying to match that wheel, I'd just get an entirely new set of wheels. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

Jimini II

Quote from: LarryLebel on April 24, 2021, 10:07:28 AM

Believe it or not Larry he had a few replies, one guy had a full set another had two and the third guy had one but as they were all in the UK he figured the shipping would be worth more than the wheel.
Welcome to the world of Minis.
I agree if your willing to spend $22k plus shipping and auction fees for a Mini spring for a set of wheels and I am sure tyres too in fact i just bought a set with 165 Yokos and lug nuts $740 shipped.

Jimini II

Quote from: BruceK on April 17, 2021, 01:58:07 PM
It doesn't matter whether you spell it forwards, or backwards, RACECAR is RACECAR. 

I like the old Gulf livery.   Just listed an hour ago and bidding is at $20K.  :-\

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1966-austin-mini-cooper-s-7/

The blue Gulf colours S sold for $32k. A decent price for this car it would be impossible to replicate this racer for that price.

BruceK

A Mk I Mini Cooper is now on BaT.  Not original, but looks nice. Crossflow head and dual Webers.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1963-morris-mini-cooper/

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

Jimini II

This one will do well especially as it is legal in Ca.
The bidding is already at $16k two hours into the auction.

BruceK

A mid-80s Japanese market Mini with a 998 is now on BaT.   Wonder how it will do?

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1985-mini-mk-v-2/

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

In 2019 it sold on BaT for around $12,500 IIRC.....it will be interesting to see where it goes this time....
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

That's solid money for a 998 car.   I can't imagine it selling for much more than that.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

Jimini II

Michael B (meb) a long time Mini owner and BaT contributor was the seller in 2019 for $12,250 so I am guessing it was well sorted Japanese spec Mini.
I personally would prefer it to be registered on its original SAXX UK vin number which would match the stamped scuttle vin number, its not always needed but my local DMV requires two forms of id when registering.
At least it has a correctly stamped Japanese 99X vin in place unlike the later ones which were crudely stamped into the boot floor.

Jimini II

Quote from: BruceK on April 28, 2021, 02:39:05 PM
A Mk I Mini Cooper is now on BaT.  Not original, but looks nice. Crossflow head and dual Webers.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1963-morris-mini-cooper/

Sold the final bid was $33,600.
Getting into S territory with those numbers, a nice build and a good price for the seller imo.

BruceK

Wow. That is definitely Cooper S territory.  I'm guessing the quality of the build and the fact it's a Mk I helped a lot.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

Jimini II

Yes it was and I am guessing already being registered in California may have helped the sale price too.

MPlayle

MiniDave

Not attractive AT all........ :(
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Ah, I don't think it is that bad. Certainly not VW kitcar bad. 

Obviously it's an attempt to provide a classic Morgan-like appearance, but the stubby Spridget body works a bit against it.    Especially if your eyes are used to seeing a real Morgan. 

In my opinion it would look TONS better without the fat, ugly low-profile tires and Revolution wheels.   If it was fitted with normal skinny tires and Midget wire wheels it would look much better.  And take off the silly roundels too!
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MPlayle

I think it is a bit cute, but then I thought the Burton was neat as well.

As someone on the BaT comments pointed out: the front is Lotus-7ish and the rear is Morganish.

(I know, I have strange tastes.)

Jimini II

Quote from: BruceK on May 05, 2021, 06:27:31 AM
A mid-80s Japanese market Mini with a 998 is now on BaT.   Wonder how it will do?

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1985-mini-mk-v-2/

Well the blue/white JDM 998cc Mini sold for $16,500.
I think that is good money for a 998 that was purchased 2 years ago for $12,250.

BruceK

Wow. A lotta money for that Mini IMO.   Are we seeing all Minis rise in value I wonder?
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MPlayle

BruceK

Ummm.  Ahhhh.    Not sure what to say about that.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MPlayle