Minis For Sale on BAT

Started by MiniDave, January 08, 2015, 01:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimini II

There is a red woody estate on BaT now with some decent upgrades 998A+ engine and servo assisted disc brakes.
It needs a few maintenance items but has been in Japan and California for close to 30 years so no visible rust or rust repairs.
It seems the estates are not doing that well lately it will be interesting to see how it does.

Jimini II

Another 93 red saloon on BaT right now in Ohio. It has over sills and maybe a front end that has been replaced, looks by the number plates it may have been previously registered in Ireland.

Jimini II

Quote from: Jimini II on December 10, 2019, 08:03:08 AM
There is a red woody estate on BaT now with some decent upgrades 998A+ engine and servo assisted disc brakes.
It needs a few maintenance items but has been in Japan and California for close to 30 years so no visible rust or rust repairs.
It seems the estates are not doing that well lately it will be interesting to see how it does.

The woody only did $10k with a rnm.
To be fair it looked like a lot more car than $10k.

Jimini II

Quote from: Jimini II on December 12, 2019, 12:11:39 PM
Another 93 red saloon on BaT right now in Ohio. It has over sills and maybe a front end that has been replaced, looks by the number plates it may have been previously registered in Ireland.

The red saloon only did $7,200 maybe the over sills and general underneath pictures did not help along with what Dave mentioned the lack of owner participation in the auction.

MiniDave

That red 93 was a 1275 too, usually the 998 motor cars don't seem to bring the money. Seems like the market - at least on BaT - is getting wise to the issues on classic Minis and won't tolerate anything but a pristine, well documented 1275 or a Cooper S Mk1.

The fact that the owner only made ONE comment the whole week that 93 was on BaT did not help IMHO.....I think folks start thinking the lack or responses means the owner is hiding something and trying to slide one by. Chances are they're right.....

I wonder if being this close to the holidays is having an effect too?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jimini II

The beige 1980 998 auto Mini that sold for $6600 a couple of months ago on BaT is re listed, the winning bidder lives in California and did not do his homework and subsequently decided not to follow through on the sale.

MiniDave

Yeah, I remember that one, he was asking if it would be able to register in Ca AFTER he bought it! Automatic but he had a stick and 1275 he would throw in for an extra $2500....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

kcmini

Jimini II

Quote from: MiniDave on December 21, 2019, 09:24:02 AM
Yeah, I remember that one, he was asking if it would be able to register in Ca AFTER he bought it! Automatic but he had a stick and 1275 he would throw in for an extra $2500....

I asked if the engine and manual box were include this time and he is including them, it seems to have helped as the auction was up to $5500 last time I looked.
I don't understand why it was not in the write up as there is not much love out there for a 998 automatic.

Jimini II

Quote from: Jimini II on December 22, 2019, 08:00:06 PM
Quote from: MiniDave on December 21, 2019, 09:24:02 AM

I asked if the engine and manual box were include this time and he is including them, it seems to have helped as the auction was up to $5500 last time I looked.
I don't understand why it was not in the write up as there is not much love out there for a 998 automatic.

Well it closed and sold for $6,900 which was $300 more than the last time it supposedly sold to the non paying CA bidder.

Jimini II

A decent looking 1994 SPI LHD Mini for sale on BaT. It is a fresh import from Italy and looks remarkably rust free.
With the LHD it should do well.

MiniDave

$13,250 for that little red wagon was a pretty good deal IMHO, wonder where it went? Sold to a guy who only joined to bid on this car and won it with one bid!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Quote from: MiniDave on January 09, 2020, 02:29:48 PM
$13,250 for that little red wagon was a pretty good deal IMHO, wonder where it went? Sold to a guy who only joined to bid on this car and won it with one bid!

Hmmmm...  I suppose that's possible, but it seems suspicious. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MiniDave

Yeah, but if he's a shill it cost him 5% plus the $100 list fee.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

A late model Cooper is now on BaT.   Not a super exciting color, but it is LHD and has the SPI engine.   Built in England, imported from Italy, registered in Vermont, and located in New Jersey.  That's a lot of locations.  Seems to be an engaged and responsive seller, so that's always a good sign.

Wonder how this Mini will do...?   My guess is bid to low-teens.  Maybe $13K?

MiniGuy continues his half-hearted bidding routine on this car.  He's now bid on 156 (!) different cars, and has never won an auction.  That's an awful lot of times at bat (pun intended) only to strike out each and every time.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1994-mini-cooper/

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

jedduh01

Miniguy  = just a thought.... when you BID on a car... I think  -- not positive but you're  put into notifications about that auction ... this way he can put in a number.. and remain informed about cars as they are selling... this in every way can help him track what cars are doing on BAT site on the regular...

not to mention his own business intentions to track values for sale recommendations across the board.. He's not trying to buy any . jsut remain in contact about cars for sale.

( he contacted me incessantly about my pickup... . had to ignore him as i dont want to sell)  sort of annoying.
    he als Skoffed at Jeff's mini (66 Cooper s) == and it sold for what Jeff wanted $50K....

BruceK

Quote from: jedduh01 on January 10, 2020, 02:36:40 PM
Miniguy  = just a thought.... when you BID on a car... I think  -- not positive but you're  put into notifications about that auction ... this way he can put in a number.. and remain informed about cars as they are selling... this in every way can help him track what cars are doing on BAT site on the regular...

Interesting theory.  I believe the same notification can be accomplished with just adjusting settings on BaT, with no need to make half-a** bids.  Or, you can just search for the word "Mini" on BaT home page and follow the results to see all the historical Mini auction results, car by car. 

Also available is this very nice Mini auction winning price chart on this page:  https://bringatrailer.com/mini/classic-mini/ , (although the incredible selling price of $230K for the Mini beach car makes all the lesser auction prices jumbled together at the bottom a little difficult to read).

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

On a non-Mini subject, a bent up piece of crusty old trunk lid just sold for $11,500 on BaT.   8.gif     

Off a significant car? Could be, hard to tell, nobody knows   

Racing history? maybe, or could have been from reversing into another car in the parking lot, nobody knows 

Tinged with potential weepy-eyed nostalgia?  yes, that's it

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/alloy-cobra-trunk-lid/

I've got a strong feeling this particular scene from the Ford v Ferrari movie heavily influenced bidding on this auction.   ;D

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

Jimini II

Quote from: BruceK on January 10, 2020, 02:51:45 PM
Quote from: jedduh01 on January 10, 2020, 02:36:40 PM

Interesting theory.  I believe the same notification can be accomplished with just adjusting settings on BaT, with no need to make half-a** bids.  Or, you can just search for the word "Mini" on BaT home page and follow the results to see all the historical Mini auction results, car by car. 

Also available is this very nice Mini auction winning price chart on this page:  https://bringatrailer.com/mini/classic-mini/ , (although the incredible selling price of $230K for the Mini beach car makes all the lesser auction prices jumbled together at the bottom a little difficult to read).

I believe his constant low bidding is just a way of self promotion for his brokering of Mini's he has no intention of buying one.

G67mcs

regarding miniguy, I believe your theory is correct. He bids on cars to remain a viable option to the seller if it doesn't sell on BaT. I noted the something after reviewing his large bid history. Believe he used to work for BaT prior to the auction days.

Garry
1967 MK2 S
2003 Mini Cooper S
2016 4Runner

Jimini II

Quote from: BruceK on January 10, 2020, 02:57:25 PM
On a non-Mini subject, a bent up piece of crusty old trunk lid just sold for $11,500 on BaT.   8.gif     

Off a significant car? Could be, hard to tell, nobody knows   

Racing history? maybe, or could have been from reversing into another car in the parking lot, nobody knows 

Tinged with potential weepy-eyed nostalgia?  yes, that's it

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/alloy-cobra-trunk-lid/

I've got a strong feeling this particular scene from the Ford v Ferrari movie heavily influenced bidding on this auction.   ;D

Or the new buyer may quote "this is the trunk lid from the Shelby Cobra movie car in  Ford V Ferrari".

BruceK

Quote from: BruceK on January 10, 2020, 02:27:30 PM

Wonder how this Mini will do...?   My guess is bid to low-teens.  Maybe $13K?

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1994-mini-cooper/

Lucky guess - it just sold for $13,150.   It was a Mini that had no real issues and no controversy. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Looks like it was a nice solid SPi, so it sold for a good price....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jimini II

Yes it was a fair price for a straight Mini.
There is a 70's Canadian Mini for sale on BaT now with a Mini Comp1380 and disc brakes.
It needs a few things mainly removing the ugly CA bumpers and 10 inch golf cart tires.

Jimini II

Quote from: Jimini II on January 15, 2020, 10:46:46 PM
Yes it was a fair price for a straight Mini.
There is a 70's Canadian Mini for sale on BaT now with a Mini Comp 1380 and disc brakes.
It needs a few things mainly removing the ugly CA bumpers and 10 inch golf cart tires.

The Canadian Mini sold at $9700. I thought it would be RNM a good buy imo for a 1380 Mini.