Minis For Sale on BAT

Started by MiniDave, January 08, 2015, 01:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedduh01

Its been a Great weekend watching this, and rest of the week to go and the comments Humbling too!  Jeff had it out at a local Brits and Brews drive up meet this past Saturday and everyone was ready to get home and take a look online. Cant say they were 'buyers' but the Press for the car has been great.

I have to say Jeff was a great 'Customer' as he understood the devil is in the details. He wanted the resto items to be correct but also the fact that modern items SHOULD be replaced on it to make it a useable driver.  ( Stainless brake hoses, or New Oil cooler hoses as the originals weeped )  in the end the original parts are still there but Perished in age related ways.

One fun detail= when getting going again = first time we put power to the battery = The first sign of life was that Dome Light worked from moment one!  Door switches and all. Ready to light the way.

Ive known Jeffs' buy it now price.. sort of the, I dont want to sell it but if you gave me $$ price has been $50K... I used to baffle at if that was achievable. But now clearly the right venue + Auction + Views + that LOOKS to be the case... 

Kudos to Jeff  and the BAT Banter!

Thanks for the support.

velopackrat

Justin,

Great for Jeff and you too, as the aggressive bidding proves you guys made great decisions on rehabbing that Mini.  It makes me feel good too because if you recall, my scruffy loaner hydro pump gave it life:)  Now Craig owns the well-travelled pump for his dad's S, so what goes around comes around.

Good luck to Jeff and you too.  Let's see that thing go to $80K:)

CW in TX

jedduh01

Quote from: velopackrat on February 11, 2019, 02:40:10 PM
Justin,

Great for Jeff and you too, as the aggressive bidding proves you guys made great decisions on rehabbing that Mini.  It makes me feel good too because if you recall, my scruffy loaner hydro pump gave it life:)  Now Craig owns the well-travelled pump for his dad's S, so what goes around comes around.

Good luck to Jeff and you too.  Let's see that thing go to $80K:)

CW in TX

Chris ,  Absolutely!   Thank you for the Kudos! 
          Was fun watching your car Sell on BAT too as it was well sorted with details.

I also pointed Craig in your direction for that trusty Hydro Pump. I was on the fence for owning it myself, But knowing Craig has his Families Cooper S to get back going... He's better suited to own it.

Easy enough because the hydro pump is now  "Local" and we stay in contact too!     Craigs Cooper S Now runs, its also a 'survivor ' also has a few period mods.  Being a family car doubtful it would ever be resold.

BruceK

Quote from: BruceK on February 10, 2019, 10:54:37 AM
Quote from: BruceK on February 08, 2019, 11:53:21 AM
That red Cooper S, with A LOT of discussion about what wasn't 'right' with it, sold for $21,300 on BaT.

Now there is another Mk. I Cooper S, unrestored, and nobody is faulting it for being non-original.  As things look now, this car is going to sell for BIG money.  Like north of $40K is my guess. 

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1966-austin-mini-cooper-s-5/

Geez, it's up to $30K already with 5 days still left in the auction. And as more bids come in this will really get rolling I think.   This could set a new BaT record for a Mini.

Well, not a new BaT record for a Mini, but a pretty darn good showing anyway.  This Mk. I Cooper S just sold for $48,250.     And very much worth it. 

Congratulations!
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MiniDave

Well done Jedduh and Jeff. I missed the action at the end, I was down in the shop working.....good result tho!
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

You didn't miss much action.  Went pretty quick.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

tmsmini

Here is a race version:
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1967-austin-mini-cooper-s-8/

Be interesting to see what it does. I am prejudiced as I know the driver and have been taking pictures of it for a few years:
http://www.tmsmini.com/Nick_Martin_Photos/

I collected a few for him to use in one place.
Terry

Jimini II

Great pictures.
Personally i would rather own an S like this with it's scars etc and make it street legal of course.

BruceK

Someone has been slacking off here.  I blame me. 

A BaT auction for a Mk. I Cooper S racecar has just ended with Reserve Not Met

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

And another Mini is currently being auctioned on BaT.

This is a highly modified, street-legal Mini 30 with a supercharged engine that is reported to put out 155 bhp (cough, cough). 

In the style of old Fiat Abarths that ran with their rear hoods open, this car's bonnet sticks up to clear the supercharger.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1989-mini-30le/

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Quote from: BruceK on March 04, 2019, 01:17:33 PM
Someone has been slacking off here.  I blame me. 

A BaT auction for a Mk. I Cooper S racecar has just ended with Reserve Not Met

$20K for a race car and didn't sell?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

tmsmini

The high bidder and the seller may be working something out on the race car.
There were a lot spares to go with it.
Terry

BruceK

Over at BaT, there's an intestesting comment on the auction for the modified Mini 30.

Looks like someone else has noticed MiniGuy's many, many, many swings at bat (pun intended!) without ever getting close to hitting the ball.

skylerskyler  60
Hi MiniGuy – I was studying my competition for this thing, and looked up your profile. After doing so, I'm rooting for you to win this auction... after being a member of BaT for 12+ years, and having bid on 113 lots with zero (0) auctions won...it's about time!!! Let's go, boy!

Ouch!!

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Yeah, others have commented too, but BaT doesn't seem to be interested in doing anything about him. At least he's stopped advertising his business.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

The supercharged Mini just sold for $15,500.   I thought it would go higher, but a car with that many modifications is not to everyone's taste.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Wow, first I'm surprised he let it go for that, second - that was a lot of car for that much money. The chassis looked solid although with the body kit you couldn't see if it had oversills....but there was a lot of expensive stuff on that car!

Somebody got one heck of a fun car for a very reasonable price.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jimini II

HP and torque figures if to be believed were impressive as they were in the mid 150's.

MiniDave

yeah I don't know if I buy that.....most of them take the HP to about 90, with the extra head work, pistons etc maybe 120-125. But without an intercooler, I don't think you can get to 150. But hey, what do I know?

Still, I think it was a great buy!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jimini II

Well it was running methane injection which has since been removed so maybe those were before figures. TBH watching the driving video it did not seem like a Mini with those hp figures.

MiniDave

That was my thinking too, the driving video didn't seem to back up his numbers - but the methane injection makes sense - that or nitrous!  ;D

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Vikram

I'm surprised it went for so much. I didn't think the body kit did it favours, but obviously some liked it.

Guess these cars are climbing nicely in value

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Quote from: MiniDave on March 14, 2019, 06:03:36 PM
Another little green wagon....

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1966-morris-traveller/

Hmm.  Body work and painting done on it.  That means somebody had the great opportunity at that time to make the roof not black and they didn't act in the best interest of the car.   The wheels could also very much benefit from being not gold.

Also not a fan of the missing rear seat.  They are so simple in the wagons you could probably just build one from scratch.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MPlayle

That one used to be on the MiniGuy site a while back - asking price then was about $12K.

Jimini II

Thought i remembered it from somewhere, the black roof stuck in my memory.
At least the dirty welding work is done to what looks like a good standard and along with the new wood, the 1275 and S discs are all a plus.
BTW it looks like Michael Lewis/Mini Guy is bidding on this.