Minis For Sale on BAT

Started by MiniDave, January 08, 2015, 01:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

The proportions on these are so odd to me, with the long nose overhang.

With a 997 and so few built, this should bring all the money they're asking for it....the owner spent north of $80K on the restoration but only wants (or thinks he can get) half of that? Crikeys!

I think me and Dan are both working too cheap!

But....is it a 997 or a 998? I thought someone told me the 997, 1071 and 1275's all used the "big" block, and this one is clearly a small block motor.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

My new fee is one viper per job.

MiniDave

Is that enough? Vipers don't cost $80K do they?   ;D

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

gr8kornholio

Not on BaT, but saw and had to share.  Wait till you get to the motor pic  :-\

https://www.minimania.com/cars4Sale/14827/1977_Leyland_Cooper_Sedan
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

Willie_B

Quote from: gr8kornholio on February 28, 2018, 06:23:12 PM
Not on BaT, but saw and had to share.  Wait till you get to the motor pic  :-\

https://www.minimania.com/cars4Sale/14827/1977_Leyland_Cooper_Sedan

That does not look like it would be fun to drive. Way to fast to get over your head and way out of shape.

gr8kornholio

That's what I was thinking.  Definitely in need of the 4wd conversion with that power.

"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

94touring

Interesting choice for a rear spoiler, what is that, a schwinn?

MiniDave

What the hell is that in the boot?  A 1000 shot?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

My thoughts at first too.  Turns out it's a subwoofer box and amp combo. 

MiniDave

Wow a subwoofer that runs on NoS!  What WILL they think of next?

;D ;D ;D ;D

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Thought I'd beat Bruce to it.......998 Clubman for sale on BaT today......

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1971-mini-clubman/#comment-2056680

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

I took a quick look.  Seems like a nice Mini.   It will be interesting to see how the Clubman body style is regarded amongst the BaT audience – many of them probably have never seen that type of Mini before. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MiniDave

And another 998 RHD Mini for sale on BaT......

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1979-austin-mk-iv-mini/

This one has poorly installed oversills and a pre-verto transmission with an A+ block. But it DOES have the obligatory 4 spotlights and stereo!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

The Clubman didn't make the reserve.  Bidding only went to $8,300.     For some reason, (color?  bodystyle?), that car got little attention and no love at all.    Seems a shame as it looked to be a nice solid Mini.

In the meantime, the shiny blue one is enjoying some interest.  Seems the oversills aren't really bothering anyone.    Less than a day left and it is bid to $9K so far.   I think this one may go to $12K to $14K.

And now another Mini is on auction on BaT:  A 1987 Mini Park Lane edition

Seems to be a nice car.  The only negative might be the aftermarket sunroof.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1987-mini-park-lane/

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

That Clubby should have brought more, it is a far nicer car than the blue one, the $8 and 9K bids were made by the same guy and I think they're shill bids....I don't think it will make reserve either.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

The blue Mini with the 4 spot lights and oversills sold for just $10,500.    I'm kinda surprised because I thought it would have brought at least $2K more.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

The headliner in that blue one was rough looking and those stripes pretty hideously wide I thought.

Jimini II

Apart from the stuff mentioned the seat covers and home made dash was awful in the blue car, the yellow one was a lot straighter imo.
Now up for sale at no reserve is a nice M tech built 1293 s/c Estate which was formally a Clubman and is now a round nose. It should do well.

BruceK

Quote from: Jimini II on March 09, 2018, 06:16:55 PM
Apart from the stuff mentioned the seat covers and home made dash was awful in the blue car, the yellow one was a lot straighter imo.
Now up for sale at no reserve is a nice M tech built 1293 s/c Estate which was formally a Clubman and is now a round nose. It should do well.

Yeah, that wagon is a nice car.  I've seen it several times in person over the years. 

The current owner has not had it long, but he is very much on top of responding to the questions and comments about the car on BaT.    An attentive seller like him can really make a positive difference during an auction.  I think this may go for big bucks  - like over $20K if things go well. 

The only real negative is the mickey mouse situation with the VIN.   That never should have happened when it was imported - there should have been plenty of proper paperwork available (the V5 and other documents) to support and correct any mistake to use the correct VIN when first registered.  Making up a bogus VIN plate to justify a clerical error is just a bad move.   Two wrongs...

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1971-mini-countryman-estate-woody/

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Isn't this the second time we've seen a bogus vin due to a "clerical error" on a BaT sale?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Yup. In just the past several weeks.    But the seller of the other Mini (the one that had 2 VIN plates mounted!)  got it sorted out before the auction ended. I don't know if this situation could be fixed the same way since the current owner probably does not have the paperwork from importation and it's been wrong for more than a decade.   Kind of brings up the question -  from the state's perspective - of how the car got annual state inspections completed if the paperwork did not match the plate.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

gasmini

Quote from: BruceK on March 09, 2018, 08:04:00 PM
   Kind of brings up the question -  from the state's perspective - of how the car got annual state inspections completed if the paperwork did not match the plate.
Some states like Kansas only require it to pass inspection the first time coming into the state and not a yearly inspection. So if you have an inspector that doesn't look close enough that could explain some things.

MiniDave

Wow, no reserve......wonder what he paid for it 6 mos ago? I remember seeing this car or one just like it in the magazine article, seems IIRC it was a £30K car when new.

Wonder where this will end up? $20K? $25K?

Really nice wagon with all of the mods I would want - round nose, LHD, supercharger, tall gears, spring suspension, late model interior.......

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Quote from: gasmini on March 10, 2018, 10:35:33 AM
Quote from: BruceK on March 09, 2018, 08:04:00 PM
   Kind of brings up the question -  from the state's perspective - of how the car got annual state inspections completed if the paperwork did not match the plate.
Some states like Kansas only require it to pass inspection the first time coming into the state and not a yearly inspection. So if you have an inspector that doesn't look close enough that could explain some things.

Yeah.  If the inspector looked at all he wiould have just seen the made up VIN plate.   My point was how do you plead to the state to make a VIN correction because the car has lived with the wrong VIN for so long?
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S