1980 Clubman Estate

Started by MiniDave, January 03, 2015, 01:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

Kilgore, Tx.....he says it will be driven almost every day, although he also has a 2016 F JCW - his 5th new MINI......
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

towjoe

Did you list your clubman estate for sale anywhere?
Regards
Joe  77.gif

MiniDave

No Joe, he was referred by a friend and local club member after he posted a pic on Facebook - his friend saw it and they got to talking and put him together with me, the rest is history as they say.

He's already home in Texas and drove Buzz to the store!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Buzz's new owner reports that he's having a ball with him, he reports that everywhere he goes he gets waves and thumbs up, and he's really enjoying the car, I'm happy to say.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

That's awesome.  His hand is even on a newly matched wing lol.  The guys at the paint store last week were asking about it.

Willie_B

Well glad i got to ride in it when I did then.

John Gervais

Awesome that with 5 MINIs behind him, he'll get to really appreciate their heritage first-hand.
- Pave the Bay -

MiniDave

Yep, Buzz is the first Mini he's ever driven - said he rode in a few when looking to buy but the owners wouldn't let him drive!

He's a happy owner so far!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

towjoe

A nice way to sell a car.
Something I have been thinking about. I think BAT would be a good place to list mine.

MiniDave

BaT has been getting some strong money, especially on Minis and Jags......

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Buzz's first Texas car show, since he moved to the warmer climate....in City Park, Kilgore Texas..... bet he was the only Mini there!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Justin wrote this weekend.....

I am just so Proud of this little guy. We just did over 300 miles around East TX and he just purred the whole way. Goal was to simulate an average rally day. Doing the math, he averaged 37 mpg. He does have a couple of namesake "Buzzs" I hope to get addressed before this summer's rally. With each passing day I am feeling more confident he will be my ride for ‪#‎MTTS2016‬. Kudos to Dave Craven for getting him sorted out to the point he did before I adopted him.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Another pic from the run yesterday, a little place just outside of town where Buzz lives..... ;D

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Willie_B

I will be at the start and do the first days drive of MTTS 2016. I will be on the lookout for them.

MiniDave

Quote from: 94touring on April 10, 2016, 11:43:29 AM
Is that his house?

No, I didn't write that sentence quite right..... ;D ;D

Justin and his partner's firm is doing the interior design......

Another pic from the run yesterday, a little place just outside of the town where Buzz lives.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Quote from: Willie_B on April 10, 2016, 12:38:32 PM
I will be at the start and do the first days drive of MTTS 2016. I will be on the lookout for them.

It will be fun having some classic's in the mix, even for a short time.....I was planning to drive Buzz to Sandy Eggo this summer, but across the whole US twice - 11,000 miles?  In the summer?  I don't think I could do that.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

I was about to say if that's his house you didn't ask enough money!

MiniDave

A small postscript to the tale of Buzz......

Buzz was named by my wife, as I was driving him home from Baltimore to KC, at one part she called me and of course had a lot of trouble hearing me over the cacophony of noises - she named him Buzz on the spot!

Today I was wandering around the net and came across Dooder's website, one page has pics of people from all over the world wearing his shirts, and as I was looking at the names and faces, one stuck out.....a fellow by the name of John is sitting in the back of a beige Estate, named Pudwell. John Davis is the fellow who imported Buzz, and Terry Pudwell was the man who owned Buzz last in England....had I known Terry's last name when I bought Buzz I might have named him Pudwell too!

Here's the pic, apparently before Buzz got his new paintjob and stripes......it is a small world indeed, especially where Minis are concerned!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Willie_B