The drunk thread

Started by 94touring, December 28, 2014, 10:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MtyMous

Just want to say that this website is awesome. Thanks to Dan for making this happen. Thanks to everyone on here for being cool about everything. Sorry my updates on Tink are sparse lately... but I'm broke. Haha.

Also, I can't feel my face.

94touring

Lol.   You're welcome.

I had my one drink at dinner and fell asleep at 930p. 

Jims5543

We had a party at our house last night. You had to wear a hat. We had a ball, I drank 2 Smuttynose IPA's all night and a glass of Champagne at midnight. Did not get to bed until 2 a.m. after cleaning up and had been up since 4:30 the morning prior. Needless to say I slept un until 12 noon today. Spent a lazy day playing with kid.

Sorry no stupid drunk stories but... I have tons of leftover beer and tomorrow is Friday... screw resolutions.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Mudhen

Had a fun day yesterday...went to brunch at my sister-in-laws - her husband is big into craft beers as well so always fun.  We started with a couple of these:

Then went up to the new Smuttynose brewery to hit the tasting room.  Got roped into a tour:

Amazing considering the garage-like place they used to be at a few months ago.

Happy new year guys!

MiniDave

I don't know if I'll fit in with this group or not - I don't drink alcohol of any stripe, never did. It's not a religious thing, I just never acquired the taste....

I used to be a Diet Coke-aholic tho, but about 2 years ago I quit that too.....

Between the two, I figure I've saved enough to fund my racing and car hobbies!  77.gif
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

Mudhen- I was told at Thomas Creek Brewery that each of those fermenting pots cost $60k.

Mind blowing.

MiniDave - no worries in real life I have friends that do not drink (religious as well as previous problems) so take comfort in knowing you are spot on, money saved = more money to play car. 
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

I am just going to put this here.

94touring

Mudhen

Had a small growler of Smuttynose Really Old Brown Dog tonight...11.1%...mmm....

I think I asked this before, but any of you guys on Untappd?  Pretty fun rating beers you drank, 'friending' people you know and seeing what they say about different brews...

(that said, I only have 2 friends on it...lol.  You beer drinkers, friend the loner 'Mudhen' please!  ;D )

Jims5543

Quote from: Mudhen on January 04, 2015, 06:32:48 PM
Had a small growler of Smuttynose Really Old Brown Dog tonight...11.1%...mmm....

I think I asked this before, but any of you guys on Untappd?  Pretty fun rating beers you drank, 'friending' people you know and seeing what they say about different brews...

(that said, I only have 2 friends on it...lol.  You beer drinkers, friend the loner 'Mudhen' please!  ;D )

Big surprise, I have an account there as well. Just send a friend request. I too have no friends on there. You have the honor of being my first. Um.... yeah, this is awkward.

Mudhen

lol, yes, awkward.

Also strange that I was just thinking, 'man, the new drunk thread is out there and I didn't even post on it last night, missed my chance'.

Someone must have hacked my account!  Ya...that's it... ::)

94touring

My friend Katie makes her own mead.  She gave me a bottle.  I do think I'll drink this tonight, tasty stuff.

94touring

Merlin

I'll see your cheap Italian beer and raise you the matching glass.
Engineering the Impossible

Jims5543

I see both your very pale beers and raise you one dark one.

94touring

I drink mine sideways though. 

Merlin

I drink my 6th one sideways.

Jims5543

Jims5543

One for you sideways guys....

and this....

I am killing a PBR and moving on to some Whiskey.

I am also sick of staring at computer screens all weekend so I am kicking back, relaxing, and waiting for Shameless to come on TV tonight.

Mudhen

There are 10 nano-breweries in a 20 mile radius of my house...can't go up the street for a beer without a stash of growlers, just in case one strikes your fancy.

Tonight we went to hit a new one in Dover, NH but it was closed so we had to walk a block to a different one.

7th Settlement Gerrish IPA - yum.

Jims5543

We are stating to get a lot of small breweries here as well. Not quite the concentration you have but, off the top of my head there are 3 in a 10 mile radius and if I drive a tad further there are 5.

Also, that gastropub across the street from my office is the place to be, all the distributors, brew masters, and people that own draft houses etc.. all eat there mostly at lunch time.

I have sat next to a coupe of different Brew Masters and I laugh because all the guys sitting at the bar have logo shirts on representing all the area distributors. I wish I could launch a Micro Brewery, after sitting for an hour one evening speaking to a brew master in training, I realized I do not have the time to train to be one. Maybe someday, for now, I will content if I can find tie to brew a batch of my own. 

94touring

In State College today at one of my favorite places here.  Nothing crazy as far as beer goes, but the peanut butter wings are really good.

Jims5543

BRB I am heading out now to drink lunch.  ;D

Jims5543

Monday is $2.50 sliders day at the Gastropub grabbed 2 of them. Plus two glasses of a very nice IPA and I am happy now.

Good thing I am not flying a plane.   ;D

Back to work... So many deadlines an I am VERY behind from taking CE classes.   30.gif

Merlin

I like how your car keys are in the same picture. Very ZFG!