A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceK

Quote from: MiniDave on March 06, 2022, 03:30:42 PM
Land speed record attempt  car?

Or just for those ridiculous speed limit Texas roads?   77.gif

The owner said he just wanted to try something different.  It's different alright.

Ridiculous speed limits? I have no idea what you're talking about.  ;D
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

BruceK

I spotted this at Cars & Coffee this morning. What looks like a state-issued metal license plate is a sticker to conform to the body shape of the Porsche.

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

Hmm I like that idea.  I never liked plates that have to be bolted to the front and stick out.

BruceK

My guess is the Porsche owner probably got hassled or a ticket for not having a front plate and came up with this idea.  Sort of like the license plate stickers that used to do in the UK with the old E-type Jaguars in the 1960s.

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Yeah......I prefer Kansas' solution - no front plate!!!
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

cstudep

Quote from: MiniDave on March 12, 2022, 11:11:34 AM
Yeah......I prefer Kansas' solution - no front plate!!!

Yeah I have never really understood the need, I mean if you are getting pulled over for something chances are pretty good the officer is doing it from behind you.

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

ADRay

it's so you don't bump you head and knock the cigarette out of your mouth. There's probably an ash tray integrated in it.
1982 Mini 1000 HL
@andyray998

BruceK

So... you want to use the Roadrunner and the Coyote for your sign, but Legal gets involved...
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

I feel like I've probably seen some new stuff in my travels since last posting.  While in Ireland recently I visited the Cliffs of Moyer.  Also stopped by a somewhat famous castle the rich and famous stay at (1000 bucks a night) and had a few drinks at the bar, eventually moving to a room adjacent to sit by the fireplace and bullshit with my driver Larry who was kind enough to provide transportation that day in his off time.

MPlayle

Dan,

The pictures in your last post are not opening.  I tried downloading one and opening with my normal "Preview" application on my Mac and it indicated the file was either corrupted or a "not recognized" format even though the fie names indicated they should be jpegs.

94touring

Odd. I can download them but they don't just open like they should.  Let me try a different approach...

MPlayle

Same thing on the "Test" post.  Does not automatically open and downloading a copy get the same error on opening.

94touring

Gotta give me a second.  I ain't that quick  19.gif

94touring

One other I found that I forgot about. This is my lunch spot in Limerick when the weather cooperates.  Patio of a little pub and restaurant with a good view. 

MPlayle

94touring

94touring

Hanging out in London today. Went by Hampton Court Palace.

MiniDave

It's good to be king..... ::)  :-\

How thick are those walls (fireplace pic)? 6 ft? 10ft?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Good question, I didn't even notice when I was there how thick they appear to be.

94touring

On the bus to the airport and spotted a mini in this hotel lobby.

ve9aa

Me moving my mower deck around the yard today with my new pallet forks. 4.gif

What a way to trim hedges, eh?   :-\(just kidding about the hedges)
Mike in NB

30 minutes in a Mini is more therapeutic than 3 sessions at the shrink.

gr8kornholio

I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MPlayle

That's one way to make your "Smart" car different from all the others.

MiniDave

Not sure what you guys are seeing, it's difficult to see with the pic upside down?  8.gif

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad