A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

BruceK

C&C this morning.  Brrrr.   About 55° with a 20-25 mph wind. (Hey, that's cold for here)

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

cstudep

Not a huge fan of the color but that looks like a very clean and well put together Vtec conversion.

MiniDave

69 still had external door hinges? What year did those go away?

I like the color, and that is a slick B series conversion for sure.....he even hid the wiper motor. I think I would like to get another Clubby wagon and Vtec it, a D series would do me just fine tho.

I always wonder how they get enough air thru the rad with it turned away like that and no duct work to direct air thru it......

Don and I met up with a friend for some Missouri back roads hoonabout on Thursday, then our Friday - which was supposed to be 75* and sunny turned out to be 55* with fog and rain - but we still had fun.

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Yeah, the Mk II production run was short - just the end of 1967 to 1970 when the Mk III with internal hinges and roll up windows came out.

Looks like fun out in the Ozarks!

By the way, just heard that on the way home from C&C this morning the rear window of that Mk II blew out on the highway and of course shattered.  The owner says he regrets not installing the filler strip in the window gasket.  D'oh! 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Doh! is right, that's what locks the glass into the rubber!

We had a pretty good time.....however, after driving 500 miles in an MG Midget, I've concluded I don't need a tiny, hard to get in or out of sports car/roadster. I'll stick to my Minis, TYVM.

On the "Good News" front - Don seems to have cured his Pup's overheating and loss of water problem with the engine rebuild - oh, and he found that MiniTec in all their wisdom had hooked up the electric cooling fan backwards, pushing the air forward thru the rad instead of sucking it thru.....wonder if that could have had anything to do with the head gasket failure or running hot when the A/C was on?

Also, the MG which also runs extremely hot in the summer, ran right in the middle of the gauge on these upper 50/lower 60* days. However, when we got stuck in Plaza traffic on our return to KC where it was in the mid- 70's it started to climb alarmingly - it's next on Don's engine rebuild plans. I'm going to engineer a better radiator setup for it while the engine is out.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Well no wonder the thing was running hot!  He'd be better off without the fan while driving pushing against the flow of air.

MiniDave

Maybe, I don't know if the fan was coming on while driving, but if it was it sure could cause some overheating....no question.

The one on the Midget OTOH is working correctly.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Out bar hopping in Philadelphia and this newspaper is beside me.  It's all my favorite things combined.

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jimini II

I have a Clubman Estate Dave all original 1098cc bought from the original owner with 24k Ziebart rust proofed when new and now only 32k, it was the Wife's daily for 3 years.
I say all original but I did install a hitch, 12 inch wheels, 13 inch wood steering wheel and 8.4" brakes.
My thoughts are to do a D series with a/c as its an ideal candidate.
Years ago I saw a D series with twin 1.5" SU's on it and a BMC green rocker cover with Austin plaque riveted on it, nothing to really gain but it looked cool.

94touring

Just spent a week and a half or so in the middle east. Had a couple days in Bahrain. When I was leaving I spotted this being hauled by.  A lot of advertising on the planes there for formula racing too.

ADRay

We saw this bad boy in traffic on I93 in Boston during the drive last night. My son id'd it as a Local Motors Rally Fighter. Would love to see this thing in action in the desert.
1982 Mini 1000 HL
@andyray998

BruceK

Oh yeah. I remember when that came out. It was very different because it was crowd sourced.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

Honda beats and those little trucks Bruce has are all over the place here in the land of Japan.  I've seen a ton of skylines too and of course an rx7.  Makes me want to come home and take mine for a drive.

BruceK

Hey, nice FD RX7!  Wonder how many are still running around Japan.  That red Beat looks pretty small next to that huge  ;D Suzuki Samurai (Jimny).   That's a Kei-sized pickup - my truck is actually got the next size up in class, longer, wider, taller etc.  but the same cabover shape.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

A little more octane that you normally see. 

This was at the COTA racetrack.

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

So... if people think you have a creepy van, why not just go all-in and paint it?

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

94touring

cstudep

Nice, Japan is one place I have always wanted to go. Not entirely sure why just always seemed like it would be a neat place to see.

94touring

These little things are driving around all over.  When you first see them you think oh a mini, but it's not.  Mira Daihatsu!  The early models have a classic mini look and the later models have headlights like a BINI.

BruceK

Wow Dan. Plenty of interesting things to see in Japan!

What can you top this?  ;D  I saw this car this morning.   It's a V-8 powered RX-7 with enclosed front and rear wheels.   Kind of reminds me of something that would appear in the first Back to the Future movie. 

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Land speed record attempt  car?

Or just for those ridiculous speed limit Texas roads?   77.gif

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Those gen 2 rx7 owners always driving the dirtiest bastardized pieces of garbage lol.