A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims5543

The rules... none..

Rule of thumb...??  Any pic you have on your phone be it one you took or one sent to you...

I host on Photobucket, they have a great android app that allows you to put you photos on there for free and post them here. I can take a pic, host it, then post it here in less than a minute.

Creepy baby doll I found digging for a property corner (I am a land surveyor)  *edit* found this pic had to put it back.  ;D

Wanna walk across this old foot bridge I found on a property I was surveying?

Sign in front of Harry and the Natives in Hobe Sound Florida where I had B-fast a couple of weeks ago. This is about 2 miles from Tiger Woods and Celine Dions Homes..

There is a place called House of Brews up near up near Home Depot (1 miles from my house) that has 80 taps. They had Thomas creek brewery up the creek extreme IPA. 12.5% abv. This made me happy.

Your turn go!!

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Mudhen

Sounds like a fun game!  I'm in.

(and I'm all about big IPAs...12.5 would make me happy.  A second one would make me incoherent.  ;D)

Here's my contribution - taken at our hotel pool out in AZ a few weeks ago - guess you know it's an area old people go for winters.

Jims5543

I feel your pain Mudhen... This sleepy little town in the summer turns into a q-tip convention in the winter. We deal with it because they fund our great little restaurants to carry them through the slow season.

I debated having that IPA, I figured I would be useless for the rest of the day if I drank 2. That one was an ass kicker by itself.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

Let's see what I have..

Krispy Kreme beer, fireworks from my condo, xmas lights in the cockpit, winter gear in the cockpit, and a bad splinter from when I fell off the ladder building my paint booth.

Jims5543

Nice Tuque!! Hoser.

That splinter, damn you!!

Spirits from South Carolina...

I was in Wal Mart...

Some kind of cool car..

Fireworks show from my front yard.

Mudhen

Quote from: Jims5543 on March 11, 2014, 02:51:34 PM
Nice Tuque!! Hoser.

:D

"Hey kids, you should watch this movie...it's called The Sound of Music..it's a classic".
"Is it like the other classic you made us watch with the Canadian guys drinking beer?"
"Similar."

Not sure I approve of the splinter pic.   :o

94touring

I cut it out myself then bandaged myself up with duct tape and kept working. 

What's in the womans mouth?

94touring

Course everything I post from my phone comes out sideways.

Jims5543

New rear engine car?

I think I will paint my house like this.

New tin tabs for surveying, I now tell the wife I need to get some more.. for work and all.... hic...

Mudhen

If'n we ever meet in person...the first 120 minute IPA is on me.   19.gif

Jims5543

Quote from: Mudhen on March 20, 2014, 04:29:58 PM
If'n we ever meet in person...the first 120 minute IPA is on me.   19.gif

Damn, I got excited, free beer!! then I  looked and you are in Maine.  :(

I keep going back to this one bar, it has a sign that says Free Beer tomorrow, I keep going there a day early.

I was not feeling myself the other morning.

Mini at a local indy shop (same one the TR6 was at)

The Mini pickup I almost bought, so happy I found this one.

My other money pit:     (twin 2 stroke 85 HP motors on 2 jet drives 18' boat = sports car on water)

Hunter Thompson in front of Pepe's in Key West (supposedly when he was staying at Jimmy Buffets home)

So I ate there too:

I think it is taking a nap:

94touring

Nice horse head and armadillo lol.  I just got this on the way home.  I think the tire pressure is low  :-\

Jims5543

Holy!! I just noticed the sparks shooting out of the back of the trailer!! I though he was stopped.

You have a BMW Cooper(s)? I recognize that interior color, I had the same in my JCW.

The tires on my stock rims are toast, I need to shop for new ones and do not feel like it. I am heading to the smokey mountains in 3 weeks so I decided to put my fun tires on. Brand new Kumho XS's on some 17" Enkei rims. 255 wide all around. 

I need to take another pic, this does not look as menacing in the pic as it does IRL.

Also, lurking out front....

94touring

He was driving 60mph on the interstate.  :-[  Yep a cooper s.

Jims5543

Looking again, that guy should throw that spare he has on, it would totally solve his problem.

94touring

Jims5543

Got out of work early!! Woo!! 

So I grabbed a Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale, which I have not had in ages.

And grilled some Italian Sausage (in the rain)  to have with some peppers and onion.

94touring

I get that when I go to Lexington, good stuff.

Jims5543

I took the Mini to work today then decided to swap back to Old Blue, my 1995 Toyota beater pickup, since I had a really long day.  Glad I did, I was rear ended at a red light. The lady was pretty shook up I told her not to worry about the damage to my truck, since it is a POS anyway.

I did not realize how bad the damage was and my topper would not close. So between a floor jack, scissor jack (out of the mini) a crowbar, and a rather large rubber mallet, I bent the bed back enough to get the topper to seal up and close as well as lock.

It is not pretty but it functions.

Only a before pic.

94touring

Mudhen

That sucks.  But thankfully you weren't in the Mini - 94 has enough on his plate.

Jims5543

Quote from: Mudhen on March 27, 2014, 04:30:05 AM
That sucks.  But thankfully you weren't in the Mini - 94 has enough on his plate.

I bent it back, sort of, enough so that the topper closes and latches shut now.  The truck is a mess anyway, I purchased it for $2K and its purpose is to be a beater I do not have to care about.

It is mechanically sound but there is not a straight panel on her. Now it is worse. I will have another go at it this weekend and see if I cant get it pushed all the way back up.

I would love to just find a new bed and throw that on.

Jims5543

The owner of Thomas Creek Breweries, for whatever reason, used to like to paint the beer tap handles himself. He no longer does so, this one here is one of the rare hand painted handles.

BTW- This is an amazing IPA, it is very dark and packs a hell of a punch, this is one you enjoy at home when you have no where to go or anything to do. Which is never, so just enjoy it once you have no where to go.

Mudhen

That's cool!  (You should just start a beer thread, you know)

Haven't had Founders Porter, but I do have Founders Centennial IPA in the fridge right now...mmm...

94touring

If anyone is ever in Tulsa I'll take you to mcnelies.   Roughly 300 beers to choose from.