Crazy times in the car market

Started by BruceK, July 19, 2022, 02:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

I'm OK with all of that Michael, I had one of the original car like pickup - a VW caddy.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

My daughter was considering the possibility of a Ford Maverick.  Her husband wanted a truck and she liked the 40mpg qto 50mpg results that owners are reporting on the FWD hybrid base model.  That's why she and I visited a Ford dealership and found the empty showroom which I mentioned earlier.  A Ford salesman we spoke with said realistically the earliest you could get a new Maverick would be probably February or March 2023. Crazy.  He said he bought one as his own personal vehicle several months ago and because of the high demand for them he sold it a month later for a tidy $12,000 personal profit.

Oh, and it's Mustang Mach-E, not Mustang E.   I know the purists hate it but I think it's a brilliant marketing move to use a well-established model name on a new risky venture model.  Most of the griping about the use of the Mustang name has faded away and the vehicle is now better known and then had it been launched with some made-up new model name.  After all, if we can accept Porsche SUVs, along with the same for Bentley, Rolls-Royce, Maserati, Lamborghini, Alfa Romeo, Cadillac etc. then so be it with the Mustang too.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara