Wanted: HIF 44 Carb

Started by Brit_in_TX, June 13, 2022, 07:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brit_in_TX

I am looking for a complete HIF44 carb, in any condition. 

MiniDave

Do you want it to work? I mean, will you be using it on your car?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Brit_in_TX

Yes, I will be looking to use it on my car.  However, I am happy to rebuild it myself. 

MiniDave

OK, I have a lot of parts carbs,  I don't know if I can make a complete one out of all of the parts or not. Be careful buying used HIF44's, a lot of them were used on MGBs and they don't work so well on Minis because they had emissions stuff on them that was electrically controlled. I have one I fussed with for a year and never could get to work right.....I found a used one off a Mini and it works perfectly.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

That's interesting to hear Dave. This one I feel has never been "right" and no idea where it came from. 
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

Brit_in_TX

The used ones in the US seem to go for more than what I can get one from mini spares for.  However, I thought I would ask.

cstudep

I eventually found one on Ebay.....it was used obviously, but also came with the cone style filter and abutment bracket. It was also considerably less than buying one new.

The down side? It took me nearly a year of watching and looking to come across one worth buying.