Classifieds > Cars for sale/wanted

FS:1963 AH Sprite / MG Midget

(1/1)

jedduh01:
   What a cute little runner!!!

1963 MG Midget - MK2 /Mk3 Sprite

I honestly picked this car up this summer from the owner that did 80% of the restoration. Paint and interior were completed.  He stalled out / life moved on he moved away. The car needed a new home. Hydrolics work and other general tidying.
      Since I knew the car very well working on it previously,  I thought why not finish it and enjoy it some.

That task is complete.  - all systems restored  / refreshed.  Brakes / Suspension / Electrics complete
   Big Sprite issues are fixed ( rebuilt transmission by Quantum Mechanics , New Clutch ) Whole new hydraulics system replaced
  Suspension refreshed completely.

Great driver car .    The paint is a gem!!  The Yellow is a perfect Eye Catching little ride. Everyone smiles at a cute little Sprite!   
  Technically registered + Vin as a MG Midget  but the Bonnet + grille were not kept in favor of the simpler Sprite Trim.

1100 Engine  +   Ribcase Trans .
New Chrome all over ( powered coated trims like grille and Windshield frame)
  Interior is new' Carpet / Seats / Dash / Trims

FS : Charlotte NC :   $14,500

MiniDave:
Wow, that is a beautiful little Spridget, you did a great job making it a car again!    4.gif

Scargo:
This is by far, NOT a criticism, but just an observation.

The two front fenders are mis-matched. Looking at the gap between the headlight rim and the front directional signals from one side to the other, you'll notice a difference. The early cars (such as this one) had the directional lights mounted higher, and in '69 they were moved to a lower position. This is not an uncommon occurrence once a car has had body and fender work done.

jedduh01:

--- Quote from: Scargo on October 28, 2021, 05:50:41 PM ---This is by far, NOT a criticism, but just an observation.

The two front fenders are mis-matched. Looking at the gap between the headlight rim and the front directional signals from one side to the other, you'll notice a difference. The early cars (such as this one) had the directional lights mounted higher, and in '69 they were moved to a lower position. This is not an uncommon occurrence once a car has had body and fender work done.

--- End quote ---

LOL = thanks!   i honestly never noticed it + now you mention YEP i see i see!  This was pre painted and pieces parted back together about 8-9 years ago. I understand it came from NY .. so no surprise too much rust existed.  I took over the project I then had a heck of a time getting the  RE-Manufactured Bonnet to 'fit' and the contour lines on one side of the hood fits better than the other ( this is probably why)

Fall special - 12,500$  ready to move it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version