Mini off to a good home and Sold.

MiniDave

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

gr8kornholio

Agreed, I'd be ALL over it if it was for sale 5 years ago.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

BruceK

A beautiful car in a rarer color.  Should be an easy sale.  I agree with the others about BaT being a very good venue for the sale.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

thebluepotato

Thanks guys - I am not touching BAT with a 10' pole with this one...just has too many "distractors" within their message boards functionality (and does well with other cars at times) to a classic like this as it is 1) not an original, 2) untouched barn find or 3) why the gold wheels comments.  Plus the way BAT operates, they are very aggressive on any reserve price you are thinking - almost bringing the value down in itself (this is documented online).  Just not the right fit for this mini.  But please know that I LOVE to look around on BAT as a buyer - that part is more fun than selling there.

I have a lot of interest now and pending sale happening today.  Clearly with any restoration like this, you will never make back your $$ invested.  Went back and looked at all the numbers (again) and clearly loosing a chunk, but I knew that going into it.

MiniDave

Boy, isn't that the truth......you're lucky if you make back your parts investment.....labor? only if you value your time at 1ยข an hour or something!

Good luck with the sale!

What's the next project?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

cstudep

Quote from: BruceK on September 27, 2021, 05:47:55 PM
A beautiful car in a rarer color.  Should be an easy sale.  I agree with the others about BaT being a very good venue for the sale.

This is what my car is supposed to look like color wise, seeing this just reinforces how badly mine needs a respray.

skmini

I remember following the restoration, and this car was the inspiration for my interior and exterior color choices.  Tweed grey with a red interior (which as far as I can tell was not a factory combination) looks so good.

cstudep

It does look nice, mine also has red interior. The problem is the exterior looks nothing like this LOL

ADRay

1982 Mini 1000 HL
@andyray998