How to post photos

Started by 94touring, September 14, 2021, 01:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

We have always had an issue with this forum software with some pictures for whatever reason, not posting in the proper orientation.  The way I do it and there's probably several ways is use an app called "Reduce photo size".  The process simple involves opening the pictures you intend to post within the app and noting which way the photo is rotated and then rotate correctly as needed. Photo of app attached and what it looks like when you discover your photo isn't going to post right side up. Click that rotate button, save, and post.

The other way to post photos is by direct links.  Click the mona lisa icon that's located below the B and beside the globe symbol and insert the link between the img text it creates. 

MiniDave

The Mona Lisa (I never would have known that's what that pic was!) only works with photos that are stored online somewhere, right? Like on Flikr or Imgur?

I find it's very easy to load with the attachments box, however you do need to have them resized and oriented correctly before you load them. I use Irfanview - super easy to use and I resize them to 800X600. Photos are plenty big enough to see detail but take nothing to load. However, i have found that if loading more than 5 - maybe 6 - you will get a timeout and lose your entire post into the ether.

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Correct.  We do have the media gallery built within the forum (link at the top) for people to mass upload or single upload pics under their own little folder.  From there you can copy the direct link and paste within the mona lisa icon.  In fact I bet they upload right side up in there.  It's free space and is saved to our database. 

The forum when uploading via regular attachments will resize for us, however like Dave says it can time out if they're too big or too many.  I upped single post attachments to 9 at a time, but sometimes you may find that's too many. 

Direct link originally sideways photo test...

94touring

Ok so the photo above would attach sideways and even look sideways uploaded to the media gallery just by viewing the thumbnail. However once clicking on it within the media gallery and clicking zoom it opens right side up, and when posting via the mona lisa post right side up.  So there's a forum trick.

MPlayle

The "mass upload" feature I think relies on Flash Player which is now obsolete and disabled by many browsers - at least those supported on Macs, such as Safari and Firefox.  The last time I used it I would have to grant permission for Firefox to enable and run Flash for it to work.  When Adobe stopped all support for Flash, Firefox went to almost permanently disabling it from running.

The attachment method works fine without Flash.

94touring

Oh bummer. I took out the arcade because it ran on flash too.  I can however setup a 3rd party platform for just photos.  I might have it installed and available just for the hell of it since it's free software with my hosting package