The condo

Started by 94touring, September 01, 2021, 02:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

I've had this place a little over 10 years now.  I lived in it till about 6ish years ago when I bought the shop and eventually the townhouse below the condo.  It's served as rental income but now with my friend Skylar out I decided it was time to update the place.  Surely just one month of hard work to get it done right?  Well 4 months later I just finished taking the last of the tools out after a cleaning extravaganza for the new tenant moving in this week.  This place is on the 13th floor downtown Tulsa with an amazing view. My bachelor years here were a good time.  The main updates were redoing the floors, all the tile, the entire bathroom, and added in a ventless washer dryer combo since these places never came with a washer.  Should have taken more before photos of it but you get the idea.

Willie_B

That place looks great now. Sure the new person will like it.

cstudep

Looks great! That tile work is hard on a guys knees and back for sure!

MiniDave

Wow! That was a LOT of work......furnished apartment with a washer dryer combo?

Don't forget to get a big damage deposit.....
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Quote from: MiniDave on September 01, 2021, 05:19:43 PM
Wow! That was a LOT of work......furnished apartment with a washer dryer combo?

Don't forget to get a big damage deposit.....

Everyone rents them furnished in the buildings here.  52 inch flat screen, dishes, towels, sheets, ect..  Not many have the washer dryer.  The couch is something I'd buy for myself, didn't skimp on some lousy rental couch.  I also have a knook between the bedroom and bathroom that fits a twin bed, makes an office, or huge additonal master closet.  I got lucky with that feature when they combined it with the unit next door then separated them some time later in a sale.  No other 1 bedrooms in the building have it that I'm aware of.  That being said I had a new tenant without even placing an ad at a significantly higher monthly rate.  And yes, hefty deposit comes with it.

94touring

It was almost my first time recoating a tub.  Wasn't too bad of a job really.  I also redid all the old plumbing valves in the walls that were the original 1970s and impossible to actually shut off completely.  Went with exposed copper in the shower for that industrial downtown look.

MiniDave

It may be a current "look", but I'm not a fan......and I think it will become dated and need to be redone soon. Also, I don't think you're supposed to mix copper and galvanized like that without an insulated break between them or you'll get terrible galvanic corrosion. Just sayin.....  8.gif

Tub turned out great and the subway tile is right on trend and should be in fashion for a good long time..... 4.gif
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

cstudep

can't really go wrong with subway tile in a shower. Some people don't like the look but it's about as timeless as you can get for a bathroom shower wall. It also ranks near the top of the "biggest pain in the ass to install" chart, but really only because it takes so much longer to install with so darn many tiles.