NEW chrome catches for sliding windows

Started by Willie_B, May 17, 2021, 05:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cstudep

Certainly nice looking, but that price tag......ouch!

MiniDave

I wonder how many sets they'll sell at that price?   :-\

Sure look nice tho....and well made.   4.gif

I wonder what other niche products they'll come up with for the Mini?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jimini II

I have seen hard to find used full sets sell for $200 that were not perfect so if you have a top notch Mini and need them although steep its bling that you look at every time you drive it so worth it imo.
I have my used nice set for the pick up stashed away.

LarryLebel

If they were priced at say BP100 I bet they would sell 5 times as many. I clicked the link with anticipation only to be disillusioned by the price.

Red Riley

Quote from: LarryLebel on May 17, 2021, 11:26:24 AM
If they were priced at say BP100 I bet they would sell 5 times as many. I clicked the link with anticipation only to be disillusioned by the price.

Yeah, and the folks who put their time and resources into making them would be operating at a loss.

94touring

Look nice and it's great they're available to someone doing a detailed restoration.  Price tag seems high.

tsumini

Cost doesn't surprise me. Just making an precision casting such as these are without design costs plus chrome plating after (polishing the casting)doesn't leave much room for profit..

Jimini II

Quote from: tsumini on May 19, 2021, 06:25:32 PM
Cost doesn't surprise me. Just making an precision casting such as these are without design costs plus chrome plating after (polishing the casting)doesn't leave much room for profit..

Also you have to consider the demand, lets face it they are not going to sell millions or even thousands of them.

cstudep

Probably not a huge demand for sure, but at a lower price point they might be able to sell thousands of them. They have to be a whole lot more durable than the plastic ones, and they certainly look a lot better.

Only they know their cost to produce and recoup though so I am sure they have that all figured into the cost. If only I had a spare $600 laying around with nothing else to spend it on....they sure do look nice!

BruceK

The original chrome metal window catches sure looked great, but they could be very troublesome.  You'd push the button in and it might stay stuck in place. Or the locking pins that fit into the holes on the lower door rail would stick or break. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

BruceK

Here's a review of the new chrome metal latches, and a very limited time discount code that expires on July 4th.

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara