Technical Forums > Fuel Injection

SC Small Block Supercharger

(1/2) > >>

tmsmini:
Looks like SC is developing a 998 based supercharger kit. They are testing with EFI, but looks like it would work with a carb. Interesting placemnt of the charger
https://www.facebook.com/441656335284/posts/10164509164765285/

cstudep:
That looks like a really tidy layout. I have really been admiring their 5 port alloy head which appears to be the same price as the iron version if you don't have a 12g940 casting to exchange. Also love their 7 port head but it's considerably more expensive. The alloy version also saves nearly 1/3 of the weight at the top of the motor which is always a plus. If a guy has to buy a head outright, I am not sure why you wouldn't go with one of the aluminum varieties these days.

Their complete throttle body kit looks really nice as well if a guy was going to be going with a more advanced FI solution.

MiniDave:
Why would anyone want to spend this kind of money on a small block?

I do know a guy who put a Vmax supercharger on his 998 and is very happy with it.....

MPlayle:

--- Quote from: MiniDave on December 12, 2020, 11:07:10 AM ---Why would anyone want to spend this kind of money on a small block?

--- End quote ---

Maybe because small blocks are a bit easier to find - most of the 1275s are already snapped up?

It is my understanding that the costs to modify 1275s and 998s are basically the same.  It seems to boil down to desired final output targets and block availability.

Then again, I may be grasping at straws and be way off base.

94touring:

--- Quote from: MPlayle on December 12, 2020, 11:30:18 AM ---
--- Quote from: MiniDave on December 12, 2020, 11:07:10 AM ---Why would anyone want to spend this kind of money on a small block?

--- End quote ---

Maybe because small blocks are a bit easier to find - most of the 1275s are already snapped up?

It is my understanding that the costs to modify 1275s and 998s are basically the same.  It seems to boil down to desired final output targets and block availability.

Then again, I may be grasping at straws and be way off base.

--- End quote ---

I think that's about right.  You can turn 998s into 100hp motors with a small turbo kit.  1098s built up into a 1220 produces a torquey motor far better than a stock 1275.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version