Went from a V-6 to an I-4

Went from two turbos to one

Went from 250hp to 220hp

Went from 4200lbs to 3800 lbs

Went from 225-17's to 245-18's

Went from 14-20mpg to 20-28mpg

Went from 5 speeds to 8 speeds

Went from 6 speed heated seats to 3 speed

Lost a few options, gained a few options, and all it cost was a stack of money!   77.gif

BruceK:
Congrats on the new car!

Iím guessing one of the things you didnít mention is the new one does not have those super troublesome suspension airbags?

MiniDave:
I did in fact mention that, and yes - it has real springs.

The ride is a touch firmer and more responsive, I'm thinking that's as much due to the 18" wheels as anything. The brakes are better too, but everyone complained about the mushy brakes on the old Allroads.....including me.

So far we're still getting used to it, Rose is in the process of "moving in" to her new car, moving all the ton of crap she carries with her (why she needs a wagon, I guess) from one to the other, trying to get the Sirius subscription changed over, getting the Homelink.....erm, linked. and so on.....   ;D

We're going to go visit her brother at Lake of the Ozarks in a week or so for his birthday, that will be the first road trip......

There was nothing wrong with the old one, but I just had a feeling things were looming just over the horizon - we should get a pretty long grace period with this one where I don't have to worry about it for a while...especially since we drive so few miles a year now - it will be 4 years before we hit the miles the other one had. I wanted to get a much newer one - 2017 or 2018 but we didn't find any locally in color/interior that she liked, and this one popped up so we went down and bought it.

Edit: Ha! She just called me from the car so clearly she got the phone paired!

94touring:
Very nice  4.gif

BruceK:

--- Quote from: MiniDave on August 01, 2020, 05:06:14 PM ---I did in fact mention that, and yes - it has real springs.

--- End quote ---

My bad. Need to brush up on my reading comprehension!

Ten years newer should mean more refinement and improved reliability too! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version