2020 Texas Hill Country Gathering - Rescheduling?

Started by MPlayle, June 16, 2020, 04:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MPlayle

Starting a new thread for this.

What are folks thoughts on beginning to set about rescheduling the Texas Hill Country Drive?

Fall 2020?  Say mid-to-late October-ish?

Spring 2021?  Late March or late April?  (I would like to try to avoid the same April dates as the NC event Dave posted and give a it of time between the events as well.)

MiniDave

Fall is nice....our anniversary is Oct 22 tho
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

Renamed the thread.

An offline discussion with Bruce made me remember this thread and I thought I would toss it back out for consideration.

Do we want to revive this for October given all things considered (lingering pandemic related considerations)?

Possible dates: Oct 12-16 or Oct 26-30?

94touring

MPlayle

94touring

I'll get October's schedule on the 14th of this month.

MPlayle

I guess the other question to go along with that is how do others feel about something being put together on short notice?

gr8kornholio

A month to get back together and road worthy. It's possible. Lol. Who wants to tow me around?  😁
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

Willie_B

I would like to go but my mini is not up for the trip. I think it is engine out time as it is smoking on acceleration and the oil pressure relief piston has stuck open 4 times now with swarf. Could probably bum a ride with someone though.

94touring

Quote from: Willie_B on September 06, 2020, 07:11:55 PM
I would like to go but my mini is not up for the trip. I think it is engine out time as it is smoking on acceleration and the oil pressure relief piston has stuck open 4 times now with swarf. Could probably bum a ride with someone though.

I remember you had issues sometime ago but thought things were good to go.  Sorry to hear it's still acting up.

MPlayle

It sounds like it might be better to look towards Spring 2021 instead?

Willie_B

Quote from: MPlayle on September 06, 2020, 08:17:49 PM
It sounds like it might be better to look towards Spring 2021 instead?

That would work best for me. By then I should have a choice what to bring.

MiniDave

Send that motor to me if you like, I'll get it built and back to you in a couple of months, tops.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

Okay, I am declaring 2020 a "wash out" for a group event.

I try to remember to start a new thread around December to solicit dates for a Spring 2021 event.

TiffanyHolt

Awe man I was just thinking that fall would be a great time for a get together. There are so many things pushed to next year I'm not sure how I'm going to do them all.

MPlayle

The Round Rock TxABCD folks are planning a one-day drive event.  It looks to be getting scheduled for Oct 10th.

They will be sending details to everyone they have on their email list shortly.