Interesting videos

Started by Willie_B, April 19, 2019, 05:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willie_B

Was passing time on youtube and saw this neat video. The amount of thinking outside the box is impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96qlW8-vgYs

If you find a neat video vehicle related post it up for me to pass some time with.

Brad

MiniDave

I found this fun to watch  - except for the damn commercials in the middle of it.

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

How about a $6000 factory paint job on your new NSX?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

Sacrilege almost as bad as the 20B swapped FF5 Cobra I want to build... someday.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

ADRay

1982 Mini 1000 HL
@andyray998

ADRay

A new series of videos made by steveston motor company. Whether you think a vtec swap is cool or criminal, these guys do make good videos. (I posted the second in the series because the first is a short intro to the project without any actual work)

1982 Mini 1000 HL
@andyray998

MiniDave

I do like these guys video's, they're not full of angst and stupidity, and they doo good work.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

tsumini

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX4BTlB90D0&vl=en
Asembling a Rolls Royce Trent engine.
First engine I worked on was P&W JT4 Turbojet on B720. What a difference 60 years makes. 
Bucket of bolts vs a work of art.

Willie_B

Quote from: tsumini on May 07, 2019, 09:45:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX4BTlB90D0&vl=en
Asembling a Rolls Rouce Trent engine.
First engine I worked on was P&W JT4 Turbojet on B720. What a difference 60 years makes. 
Bucket of bolts vs a work of art.

Very cool. It is only ever that clean and nice once.

Willie_B

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1WjLis7Yyw

Cross betwen 1969 Mustang and a Ford GT. Very cool. Amazing amount of work though.

ADRay

not sure where everyone lands on the subject of the N600. I'm a fan, and this is pretty cool.
1982 Mini 1000 HL
@andyray998

MPlayle

Love the ending "music"!

Jims5543

Quote from: Willie_B on June 23, 2019, 03:57:53 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1WjLis7Yyw

Cross betwen 1969 Mustang and a Ford GT. Very cool. Amazing amount of work though.

That is nuts, did they chop the top on the 69?

I think restomods are cool.  Taking a classic style and improving everything about it that was lacking, power, brakes and handling.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

ADRay

1982 Mini 1000 HL
@andyray998

Jims5543

BruceK

Apparently, the track might've been just a little bit slippery... but each driver thought he could handle it.

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

BruceK

From this year's Goodwood, Mini Marcos battle with a Lotus starts at 2:30.   

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

A mini-documentary (see what I did there?) on the history and the future of the Mini.

I listened with a critical ear, and unlike most news stories, I don't think they got any of their facts wrong.

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

I'm not sure I fully understand the context – something about stealing exam papers – but this tribute to the Italian Job is very well done.   Somebody spent awful lot of time and effort on this .

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Fun, I wonder whos "house" they were at?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

BruceK

I had not heard of these guys before. Looks like they're catering to California owners by only using older Minis in order to pass that state's draconian and stupid laws.

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

That's where Tiffany Holt got her new classic/vtec (in fact I think she bought the blue one with the flag on top in the video). I sat next to Tyler Gildred at the MMEMW in Snowmass last summer - he's a great guy but their cars are really spendy.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S