New Dyno Day at Prather Racing

Started by MiniDave, September 01, 2018, 08:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Bruce what time are you thinking you'll be in Tulsa/Ramoma?

BruceK

I haven't discussed a start time from Plano with Michael, but if we leave at 7:30am, we should be at your shop by 1pm or so, factoring in stops for gas, etc.   Will that work?   

Michael is OK with you?
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

94touring

Earliest I land in Tulsa is 1130am.  Takes me roughly 30 minutes to get to the shop from the airport.  So that should work.

MiniDave

OK, Jesse came thru with a recommendation - dinner Thurs night will be at the "Blind Tiger Restaurant and Brewery" on SW 37th, just a mile or two from the Superduper 8 hotel.....say 6 pm?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

Quote from: BruceK on September 27, 2018, 07:29:30 PM
I haven't discussed a start time from Plano with Michael, but if we leave at 7:30am, we should be at your shop by 1pm or so, factoring in stops for gas, etc.   Will that work?   

Michael is OK with you?

Sounds OK to me.

94touring

I think I'm all set.  Changed oil in the car and truck.  Setup the winch on the trailer.  Last drive of the day on the mini the roll pin on the shift lingage came half way out, rendering 1st and 2nd inop.  Got it rolling down a hill and popped it in 3rd to quickly discover this once back to the shop.  It's secure enough for now till the new pin gets in.

MPlayle

MiniDave

A regular screw type hose camp would be an easy way to guarantee that it wouldn't come out again. But it might be too heavy!   ;D ;D

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Safety wire through the pin like aircraft use isn't a bad idea.  I even thought a piece of gorilla tape wrapped around would keep it from sliding out.  Hose clamp definetly too heavy  ;D Though the screw part may hit the casing too.  Not a lot of room down there.  I do enjoy how easy it is to push the car around given the weight! 

BruceK

I'm kinda surprised the pin is that loose.  My experience is they are major PIA to knock out.  Which is why I fitted a quick-release coupler. 

And... I used safety wire with it.  restorationmini.com/forum/index.php?topic=1232.msg18924#msg18924

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

That's a cool setup.  I wonder if a new pin will be any better.  I may just safety wire what I have and call it a day.

MiniDave

Bill Fisher from the Lawrence All British Car Club will be at the Dyno day to take pics and do a write up for the Newsletter. Bill has extensive graphics background and publishes the club's newsletter each month.....as several club members will be there it's a good time for a little write up. He's also an accomplished photographer so I hope to get some great shots of all our cars.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Does this mean I need to wash bugs off?

MiniDave

Up to you!   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Weather forecast has changed considerably, now expecting sunny and 86*!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

That will be nice! 

Yeah the grasshoppers and tarantulas were out in full force during breakin.  Bugs in the engine bay too.

94touring

The scheduling Gods have approved a drop request in my favor, so I will be home tonight rather in the morning (90% guaranteed). Bruce and Michael, are you planning lunch pre or post Ramoma?

BruceK

Quote from: 94touring on October 03, 2018, 10:13:20 AM
The scheduling Gods have approved a drop request in my favor, so I will be home tonight rather in the morning (90% guaranteed). Bruce and Michael, are you planning lunch pre or post Ramoma?

We had not discussed it.   We spoke yesterday and discussed meeting up at 7am here and leaving shortly thereafter.  So that means we might get to you a bit sooner.  I'm sure we are open for lunch.  We can text you as we get moving along to let you know of our progress.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MPlayle

I am totally flexible.

As Bruce indicated, the plan so far is to meet at my hotel in Plano at 7:00am and head up the road a bit, make a fuel stop, and head on up from there.

Bruce mentioned the most direct route is on a toll road.  I don't have toll tags, but we can juggle appropriately and/or do "pay-by-mail" if that is how they work.  I will probably be following him as he has been there at least once before.

Post an address for me to plug into my GPS as a backup.

94touring

Some are pay by mail, others are cash/coins.

Shop addy is 330 Keeler St. Ramona Ok 74061.  It's a straight shot on hwy75, hang a left at the flashing lights and first street on the left, a few houses down on the right. 

MPlayle

I have a small jar of quarters with me.  No much for small bills at the moment.

Is it the same highway 75 coming out of Dallas?

Bruce,

Is that the route you were referring to as being part tollway?

94touring

Yeah 75 comes from Plano, but somewhere around Henryette you take 40 and 62 to join back up to 75.  Pretty fool proof. 

94touring

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

Raining up here right now.  Hopefully stops for the journey north.

MiniDave

Forecast for Topeka is 50* currently, going up to low 60's, 20% chance of rain...widely scattered showers.

Tomorrow - 30% chance - widely scattered showers, low 60's high upper 70's.

So, we might see some rain, but chances are better that we won't. 

Sure liking this 50* morning, it was mid 80's when I went to bed last night!

BTW, what happened to Michael's MINI Clubman?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad