Paint gun liner systems

Started by 94touring, January 28, 2022, 09:36:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

If you do a lot of painting you probably already use this system.  Much easier than cleaning a standard gun cup, saves time, and gives you the ability to spray upside down.  Plus there's a built in filter for catching any debri.  Anyways, I've been using 3m paint preparation system for years but always cringe when it comes time to buy new cups and lid filters as it's expensive.  A box of 25 large cups and lids typically runs 80-100 bucks.  A box of 50 small cups $100-125.  I buy 50 to 100 at a time in both large and small sizes.  So it adds up and hurts the wallet.  Browsing ebay to find the best deal on more cups and lids since my supply is almost out, ran across finish rite brand cups and liners.  What's also nice about these are the lids are identical so they fit to the adapter used on my spray gun to accept the lids.  Even better is a box of 50 cost $70. 

cstudep

Not sure what PPS system you are using but I ran across these on the ol' hazard fraud so figured I'd share. No idea on quality or if it will work for you but it might be a good emergency source if nothing else.
https://www.harborfreight.com/universal-paint-system-refill-pack-30-pc-57507.html

MiniDave

Works with all 3M Legacy Series 1 adapters. Adapters sold separately for Spectrum™, Central Pneumatic™, Black Widow™, DEVILBISS, 3M #2 paint systems. Not compatible with 3M PPS Series 2 adapters.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

cstudep

Yeah I didn't know if Dan was using the older Series 1 3M stuff or the Series 2 stuff.

But apparently I had a dumb ass moment, as it just occurred to me he posted a picture of what he bought......that looks to me like a series 1 style lid :-[

MiniDave

Well......you know far more than I do about any of this stuff!  77.gif
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Quote from: cstudep on February 05, 2022, 04:47:20 AM
Not sure what PPS system you are using but I ran across these on the ol' hazard fraud so figured I'd share. No idea on quality or if it will work for you but it might be a good emergency source if nothing else.
https://www.harborfreight.com/universal-paint-system-refill-pack-30-pc-57507.html

Damn!  Hf stepping up their paint game.  Those should work with my gun. Might have to order some while they're so cheap.

cstudep

Yeah I was surprised to see they had them and I am not even sure how I came across them. I was looking at their paint guns a while back so I'm sure whatever tracking they do on your browsing made it pop up in my "recommended" list.