1960 R1 Mini Project

Started by roadhouse, April 14, 2016, 10:54:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

Already starting to look like a car again!  71.gif

Did you use black filler strips in the windshield seals? I didn't know they offered them in black......

So, next is the engine install?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

roadhouse

Quote from: MiniDave on October 28, 2016, 10:36:20 AM
Already starting to look like a car again!  71.gif

Did you use black filler strips in the windshield seals? I didn't know they offered them in black......

So, next is the engine install?

Yeah the filler strips are actually made for a 70s chevy pickup I believe. Glass guy at the body shop found something to fit so they could finish up the install. Forgot to order chrome filler strips with the seals. I have since ordered a set and may switch them at some point.

Next is rear suspension install. Waiting on a few parts then I should be able to finish assembly and bolt the subframe up to the car. Then it's front suspension and engine time :)

towjoe

Black filler strips are better.  The chrome ones fade pretty fast.
Regards
towjoe 77.gif

John Gervais

- Pave the Bay -

roadhouse

Welp, the little mini finally made it back home yesterday. Very happy with the color and work performed by Andy's Hotrods and Restoration. Good bunch of guys over there if anyone needs some work performed in Tulsa. After this they are now "experts" on classic minis lol.

I was a little nervous about strapping the finished shell down on the trailer but it ended up being ok. There were some attachment points on the front of the shell and then we went through the doors and around to the back. All while the shell was only resting on its rolling cart. I swear I went about 35 miles an hour all the way home but we made it with no issues!

A few body issues still remain...I need to add the rubber trim to the rear flares, mount the rear license plate lamp holder, adjust hood struts, and figure out the door key issue. You can only open the door with the key in one position but in that position you can't take the key out. Otherwise the door is always locked. Kind of strange...

Anyway, thanks for following along so far. I suppose now the real work can begin.

Sorry- some of these pics are a little dark. whomp

BruceK

A shell that looks that good provides a real incentive to go complete quickly!
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara