68 Mini Pickup Project

Started by 94touring, June 27, 2009, 02:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

I have decided no more projects till I finish it. 

wevebeenhad

94touring

Yeah see...It was even in the paint booth today getting some block sanding and another round of primer put on. 

sparetimetoys

Nice line up at the paint booth  4.gif
Home of Global Warmer Racing. Saving the smog one car at a time.

94touring

I was shifting them around today.  Too many cabinets and not enough minis!

sparetimetoys

94touring

It's 3 deep in a never ending line of minis.  I have more cars on a waiting list I haven't even mentioned.   

Jims5543

OH BTW - I loaded my Truck up on a carriers shipping truck today it is heading your way. There is a note on the front seat and paint color samples there too.  It should be there by Monday.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

Mudhen

Quote from: Jims5543 on July 30, 2014, 12:11:58 PM
OH BTW - I loaded my Truck up on a carriers shipping truck today it is heading your way. There is a note on the front seat and paint color samples there too.  It should be there by Monday.

:D

Jims5543

True story - I use a pretty good local Sea Doo boat / Jet Ski mechanic. He told me he comes in to his shop every Monday with all kinds of Skis and Boats dumped off in the parking lot. Then he gets a phone call mid way through the day from the people that dumped the stuff off "telling" him to fix them. No appointments nothing just the stuff dumped off.  I always call first and or stop by and see if he can handle a job or when can he.

So I thought I would do the same and just have my Mini show up on Dans doorstep.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

I keep telling myself NO MORE projects, but then someone makes me an offer I can't refuse.  Plus I'm remodeling my condo by night, and the extra cash helps there. 

sparetimetoys

Isn't this sorta like your paint color?

94touring

Ah kinda hard to tell.  Maybe a little depending on the light.

MiniDave

Wow, last post in this thread was Aug 2014.

So it's been ignored since then?

This one is definitely a marathon, not a sprint!
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Ha.  Yeah it's never getting done. 

94touring

Quote from: 94touring on June 27, 2009, 02:46:22 PM
Ok where was I.... ;D  Was just looking at the title and realized I bought this thing over 3 years ago!   Got it from Willie_B I do believe.  I drove the piss out of it till I moved away from Tulsa a couple years back.  Had started doing some things like painted the roof and fixed gutter rust, collected a bunch of panels for it, but life got in the way.  Can't tell you guys how much I can't wait to haul it back to the east coast to really do something with it finally.  Has a 1275cc engine with some long gears that hauled butt.  My original plan was to paint it old english white, or maybe even that new pepper white, have the black roof, 10x6 wheels of some sort, and some red interior.  Has 8.4 disc but will convert down to fit 10's, and still need to buy some floor pans and door skins.  Here's a couple old pics I found in an email from when I purchased it. 

Well 12 years later it's rolling to it's new home in Maine.  Somewhat sad I never actually finished it for myself but that's life. 

Willie_B

But it is in better shape than when you got it.

94touring

Quote from: Willie_B on September 28, 2021, 03:58:57 PM
But it is in better shape than when you got it.

I replaced virtually every panel but the roof!  When I was under it mounting subframes I was admiring the load bed and all the non rotted metal. 

Mudhen

Maine?  The way life should be!

4.gif

MiniDave

Quote from: 94touring on September 28, 2021, 02:49:30 PM
Quote from: 94touring on June 27, 2009, 02:46:22 PM
  Has a 1275cc engine with some long gears that hauled butt. 

What happened to the motor? Is that what's in the blue car now?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Yeah the 1275 is in my blue mini.

94touring

Doors, bonnet, and tailgate on. Officially ready to haul to Dave's.

MiniDave

No glass - even the side windows?

Steering wheel?

Any engine parts, like engine stays and such?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

There will be boxes of parts including the glass. I couldn't find any steering wheels so a vice grip turns the column for now.