68 Mini Pickup Project

Started by 94touring, June 27, 2009, 02:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Started the block sanding.  Heres a pic showing what little skim coat of body filler was needed in the more troubled areas.  All and all I've reduced body filler by about 90% compared to what I took off.  Happy about that.

MiniGene

This thing is going to be sweet!  You need to take a month off from flying and sprint to the finish.

94touring

If only I could  ;D  This pace is perfect though, I have just enough money to keep going at this rate. 

Just got back from watching my buddy John take apart the subframe.  We had to cut off a couple of the pins that were being stubborn.

Mudhen

Quote from: 94touring on May 17, 2012, 02:35:06 PM
Started the block sanding.  Heres a pic showing what little skim coat of body filler was needed in the more troubled areas.  All and all I've reduced body filler by about 90% compared to what I took off.  Happy about that.

4.gif

Looking awesome!!!!

94touring

Well I've had 4 days off this week to do lots of block sanding, however I became sick with a headcold.  So...I've done nothing. 

Mudhen

Quote from: 94touring on May 31, 2012, 08:22:19 AM
Well I've had 4 days off this week to do lots of block sanding, however I became sick with a headcold.  So...I've done nothing.

Enough with the excuses already!

lol.

My kids brought something home from school about a month ago and it knocked me out for over 2 weeks.  Couldn't even think about going into the garage...

Hope you're feeling better.

Now back to work!   20.gif

94touring

I'm not too horrible, but the thought of wearing a respirator or breathing in dust from sanding doesn't sound too appealing.  Maybe tomorrow I'll wake up and feel better so I can sand.  I did go and pick up some more filler primer however. 

wevebeenhad

94touring

Sadly no.  My condo purchase took up all my time and money.  Soon though I will start back on it.  Suppose to work on Deans mini and some money from that will go toward the truck.  I would be on it this week but I have year end testing for work I'm buckling down for. 

Twichel04

Can't wait to see more of this... I am considering a similar shade of orange for my Mini. I really want to see what it looks like on the truck!

94touring

I have this bad habit where I work on everyone elses car but my own :-X  11.gif

Twichel04

I have the same problem.  9.gif

94touring

Goodness it's been awhile since I've touched this thing.   So, my new hire help will get started on finishing the block sanding and under side cleaning for paint so I can get it on the dolly.  I just bought paint for it too. Still doing tangerine orange.  Since my subby went on the blue car and what parts I do have are in shambles I'm debating buying one of those pre assembled complete rear sub frames.  Pricey, though will save me time buying a long list of parts and assembling.

Mudhen

What's your typical dolly setup?  ie, attachment points, etc...every once in awhile I start to think about it - trying to work out where the best place would be for it to not be in the way.  And how to then get it off the thing...

94touring

No attachment points, unless you decided to use the factory spots on the front and rear section of the sills.  I just set the shell on the frame of the cart and roll it around.   I have two built of wood and one out of metal.   

94touring

The truck actually got a full day of block sanding done to it! 

94touring

Willie_B

That's gonna be one HOT looking truck.  4.gif 4.gif

94touring

Another angle in light.  Yeah I love the color!  Its nice having a minion to prep stuff while I'm working on other things.  I can actually get more done lol. 

wevebeenhad

And so it begins.. the next stage of where it will sit. You better take some "you" time and finish your truck!

Nicholasupton

Next time bodywork and paint the rear valence while you do the underside, that way later you don't have to lay on your back to paint it with the top.

94touring

Yeah I actually wanted to do that, except I needed to grind and work on some things on it and didn't have time to screw with it.  I just wanted it off the rotisserie and out of the way for now. 

sparetimetoys

Cool thread just though I would skim thru since I saw the truck when we were there.
Home of Global Warmer Racing. Saving the smog one car at a time.

94touring

I did order seat covers for it this week.  So that's an update 77.gif

Jims5543

This effing truck is what got me all obsessed about owning one.

This is your fault Dan.

Love the color, it looks amazing.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson