Completed and painted shell $8000

Started by 94touring, February 07, 2016, 06:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gr8kornholio

That's it hiding behind Bruce's mini at cars and coffee last month.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

Davisio

Was sitting in the garage on this coldest of cold days and thinking about that blue Mini driving down my driveway with the windows all froze up with condensation.... pretty cool to see that it's still around. Just sorry I didn't ask more for it.  ;D Cheers!
(yes, I know these posts are from March)

94touring

One of the coldest drives of my life. 

MiniDave

So Dan, did you deliver it to him out of town? Didn't the heater work?

I'm having trouble getting my green car to show any heat on the gauge at all when it's down in the 20's, let alone the 2* we have today! When I drove Buzz home from Baltimore, even tho the heater fan didn't work I was able to be comfortable with just the fresh air flow thru the heater - low 30's that day IIRC and the temp gauge ran on the low side of "N".
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

Back when I was living in Colorado and had a Clubman Estate, I had a similar problem getting it to develop heat in the winter.  I ended up blocking off the majority of the main grill with leftover lexan scraps from work.  With less cold air getting in, it finally had a chance to develop some heat.

MiniDave

I may have to do that too, although when it's 2* like today, I drive the 2009 MINI Clubman....plus there's a ton of salt on the roads right now and will be till we get our first good rain in March.......
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

I built the car and drove it to Indiana a few days later during what must have been record lows. I think I was dumb and had the heater valve closed or something. The car and myself were a block of ice when I pulled into his drive. 

MPlayle

Flur was plumbed without a heater valve when I got it.  Flow was always going through the heater - which will slow down the engine building heat as well.

94touring

That rings a bell.  I think the valve we bought was all wrong so it was constant flow or something.  But it never got warm..