Looking for RH Steering Arm

Started by SoCalMiniFan, February 05, 2016, 11:45:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalMiniFan

I'm looking for a RH Steering Arm Part#BTA896 to match my LH side. The later Mkii style and used on cars after 1974.

I can find it via all the major part sources but thought I'd ask if anyone had one they wanted to re-home for a more wallet friendly price +s/h!

I have a RH Mki Steering Arm Part#21A74 that I can trade, swap, sell, gift, re-home etc if the part I need pops up, for now it's on my car though.

Thanks in advance.
"If it's not fun, why do it?"

Willie_B

I have several piles of parts. Does the arm have the part number on it? Just trying to see what I will be looking for.

SoCalMiniFan

Quote from: Willie_B on February 05, 2016, 12:15:54 PM
I have several piles of parts. Does the arm have the part number on it? Just trying to see what I will be looking for.

Yes it will.  Probably hard to make out the entire number but on the inner curve it will have two batches of numbers. The 1st set of numbers will be BTA896

This picture is of the Left-hand side part #BTA897 and the little tabs on the hole that connects to the steering rack set it apart from the earlier Mki style that doesn't have them.

Willie_B

You are right, cannot read the numbers. Look like this? Do you need the locating sleeve? One is in the arm and the other is still in the hub. How about $20 plus postage?

SoCalMiniFan

That looks great! I'll message ya so I can pay you/swap info, etc.

I don't need both the locating sleeves, I'll reuse mine.

Willie_B