OKC red refurbishment

Started by 94touring, January 05, 2016, 11:30:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

Wow, so how will you make it shiny to match the rest of the car?

Would a good cleaning with a vinyl cleaner followed by a good coat of polish on the paint do anything for it, cause next to the new red paint it does look kinda tired.....
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

It will get buffed and we'll see.

94touring

Finished off the boot and bonnet today.

Spitz

That's looking great!  I'm not sure if I'll be attempting to paint my van myself....I can't imagine it coming out that well!

Yes...the flag is indeed wrong

94touring

94touring

MiniDave

Wow, even the roof came out shiny - looks fantastic. I'll bet he can't wait to get his car back, and you can't wait to get paid.... ;D

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

I've got 3/4th of it color sanded and buffed.   Half of the assembly down too.  I'm sure he's going to like the end product. 

94touring

One more before I left. 

Willie_B

Dan. the quality of your work always shines through. 4.gif

stan360

MiniDave

Ha! Red, white and blue cars.....Stan's right!  :-)

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

John Gervais

Quote from: 94touring on March 16, 2016, 05:57:46 PM
Never paid enough attention to notice the location of the stripes.  Good to know.

How about that!  I never noticed either; it's a rather busy design, and I guess I more or less use a bit of 'recognize and recall' when viewing it.
- Pave the Bay -

MiniDave

I was on a British forum and they mentioned how the "American" version of their flag was always wrong, so I went to Google to see if I could figure out what they meant....when you look at the pics you see it right away......otherwise I never would have noticed either.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

stan360

I just looked through all the progress photos again and there was a lot of work that went into this car. It looks great Dan.  Just like a new one. Union Jack  looks like it shined up well and  the new painted stripes , so much better than vinyl decals  .

94touring

It was suppose to just be two door skins and some scuttle repair.  Turned into a full refurb.

94touring

94touring

MiniDave

Looks fantastic, I know he'll be happy to get it back!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

John Gervais

Quote from: MiniDave on March 27, 2016, 11:34:12 AM
I was on a British forum and they mentioned how the "American" version of their flag was always wrong, so I went to Google to see if I could figure out what they meant....when you look at the pics you see it right away......otherwise I never would have noticed either.

Makes me wonder why they haven't adjusted it.

Nice job, Dan! 
- Pave the Bay -

MtyMous

You really should start doing a before and after shot of these cars from the same angles. Minds would be blown.

94touring

Thanks Cameron.  Yeah he's going to be happy.  I even pulled interior and gave it the full cleaning.  This car was perfect refurbishment candidate.

Mudhen