Slightly leaky clutch Master Cylinder

Started by SoCalMiniFan, October 22, 2015, 06:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalMiniFan

I installed a brand new (plastic tank style) Clutch Master cylinder. Everything seems to be in good working order except I'm getting a very slight leak from the bottom of the MC, down the part that joins the pedal with thr clevis pin, down the pedal shaft, and getting on the pedal.

I've removed the MC once and inspected it, it looked good, I reinstalled it, bled the clutch, drove it about 30/40 miles and everything seemed good. Last night we were just driving around and my foot slipped off the clutch pedal and I knew it must have had clutch fluid on it.  I can't keep the rubber foot pad on because the clutch fluid makes it fly off.

This isn't normal right? Everything should be nice and dry right?

Or is this how it is and quirky Mini drivers just deal with a very slow, small, clutch MC leak?
"If it's not fun, why do it?"

94touring

That's unfortunate.  It's not suppose to do that.  Bad right out of the box unfortunately. 

SoCalMiniFan

That's what I thought.  I bought it stateside so hopefully I can exchange it.

SoCalMiniFan

7ent has shipped out a new MC.

As soon as it arrives I'll box up my faulty one, ship it back so they can do a warranty claim on it and I should be good to go. 

Now if I can just get the turd of a seller in the UK to refund my money for the gas tank he never sent, I'll be in a great mood!