EFI. Who's done it?

Started by MtyMous, July 08, 2014, 06:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LilDrunkenSmurf

I'd like to avoid going full haltech, but I don't want to lean on a piggyback.

94touring

Use to have a haltech on my first rx7.  My current rx7 has a pfc and I bought a data log kit and computer to tweak.  Sure is nice to fine tune via computer vs adjusting carbs. 

LilDrunkenSmurf

Yeah, if I go with Hondata for my S2000, it plugs straight into the OBDII port, and you can change tables live.

MtyMous

I'm hoping this one is just as easy to plug in and tweak on my own laptop.

Mostly because of this...

Merlin

The typhoon from sc looks good. I downloaded their software and it seemed pretty easy. The sensors that they offer are a little thin on the variety, but they specializes in the mini, so there will be a source of answers for your questions.

I will be using the holly hp setup and will be building my own harness as i plan on going a little crazy with the build. I gave the sc bmw head swap kit so i wont have the issues that you get with non specific aftermarket ecu controllers for the siamese port intakes that the 5 port has. Im choosing the holley because it has a good support community, a ton of features for the price and it is very simmilar to hp tuners. I also plan to use Delphi s and bosch sensors from GM to keep it simmilar to an ls setup so that it will mske more sense to me and local tuners.

I think that if this is your first go at fi, go with the typhoon.
Engineering the Impossible

LilDrunkenSmurf

I like the UMS, since a buddy keeps trying to convince me to megasquirt my whole fleet. Curious what the price is.

94touring

So that guy said he wants to hold off selling his computer till his car is back together. 

tmsmini

I believe development on the UMS has slowed.
SXTune appears to be very similar to TunerStudio.