123 Distributor Owners - replacement parts?

Started by Jims5543, October 02, 2015, 08:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims5543

I am looking to replace my cap and rotor, I see 7ent has them:

$40 for the dizzy cap and $15 for the rotor plus $30 shipping....

Seems kind of crazy to pay $75 for a cap and rotor.

Part number for the cap is:

Bosch 1 235 522 056
Beru  VK 106
Bremi  8045

Part Number for the rotor is:

Bosch 1 234 3320 024
KW  D 5026

Anyone have a sane source for these parts, I am thinking of cross referencing with a local brick and mortar Autoparts chain to see if they have them.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

Look at minispares.  You'll only need regular postal shipping which won't be bad.  They ship quickly too fyi, even for being overseas.  Multiple the total by 1.6 and there's your bill in $.

94touring

Willie_B

Cap http://www.mofoco.com/item/Bosch_03010_Distributor_Cap/2205/c168
Does not look like the same place has the rotor though.

New number for the rotor may be 1 234 332 088.

Jims5543

$10 is more in line with typical dizzy cap prices.

I feel like we are a captive audience with the prices being charged because we went to a 123.  Just because I dished out over $400 for the setup does not mean I am OK with paying 3X plus for typical replacement parts.

Not cool.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

DS1980

Still, overall the mini is the most inexpensive classic car to maintain.
Except when it comes to engine rebuilds. Still don't understand $5K for a rebuild.

Willie_B

http://www2.cip1.com/

This place shows both parts.
Cap  8.99
Rotor 18.99 for the #088 one

Jims5543

Quote from: DS1980 on October 02, 2015, 08:44:24 AM
Still, overall the mini is the most inexpensive classic car to maintain.
Except when it comes to engine rebuilds. Still don't understand $5K for a rebuild.

You better not look in Willie B's link then, a rebuild VW engine is going for 3K

Thanks Will I am looking into that site for parts.

MiniDave

I saw that $3K for a long block VW motor too, but remember the ad says "new" not rebuilt.

It's easy to reach $5K for an engine/transmission rebuild n a Mini if enough needs to be done to bring it back.......I spent close to $2K just at the machine shop for work on mine......

A bare bones rebuild on a 998 for a friend, the estimate came close to $3K in parts and machine work, he went and found another motor.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

jeff10049

my local baxter auto parts shows them in stock 8-12 dollars depending on brand for the cap. Had to cross the rotor number first. also in stock from 4-20 dollars

Jeff

Jims5543

Gonna try my local parts houses too.

Also Chive on brother!!  Love your avatar..

TJF

Can anyone confirm whether or not Bosch 1-234-332-088 is a suitable replacement for the rotor in place of 1 234 3320 024?

Looks like CIP1.com has good enough prices that I will order a spare cap and rotor. Just looking to confirm that the rotor is compatible before I order.

Thanks,
T.J.

Willie_B

Quote from: TJF on October 05, 2015, 10:11:18 AM
Can anyone confirm whether or not Bosch 1-234-332-088 is a suitable replacement for the rotor in place of 1 234 3320 024?

Thanks,
T.J.
I have #088 for a spare. Just put it in and it works fine.

TJF

Thanks Willie. 4.gif

Just ordered a cap and a rotor to have on hand.