Started by MiniDave, September 28, 2015, 10:10:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

That is 100X funnier because it is in German and the guy sounds like a madman....

See if you spot the continuity problem with this commercial...

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

LilDrunkenSmurf

jeff10049

pretty cool I'd be afraid of getting something in the intake  I always wondered how do they put air filters on these setups or do they? you never see them with filters.

Jeff

MiniDave

That was really interesting to watch!  They'd better plan on adding some filters or they'll be rebuilding that engine very soon.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

jeff10049

That was interesting to watch. Dave did you notice what seemed to be lots of reversion during mod range hard throttle.  I wonder what longer intake runners to keep the velocity up would do for performance. Seemed to run pretty good anyway.

Jeff

94touring

LilDrunkenSmurf

94touring

Jims5543

Not exactly funny, but should put a smile on your face, it did for me.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

tsumini

Watched it live a couple of weeks ago. Spectacular. Cousin (employee Badge #16) is machinist at SpaceX and gave heads up about a hour before.

Jims5543

Quote from: tsumini on January 13, 2016, 04:56:59 PM
Watched it live a couple of weeks ago. Spectacular. Cousin (employee Badge #16) is machinist at SpaceX and gave heads up about a hour before.

When I read they were launching it, I was ready to drive up to Cape Canaveral (100 miles from me) but then saw Vandenberg was the launch site and was bummed. I would have loved to have seen at least the launch live. Not sure I would be able to see the landing. 

That is a remarkable feat.

tsumini

Coulda swore it was Canaveral. All articles I saw was scheduled for Canaveral. I think video mentions Canaveral.

Jims5543

Quote from: tsumini on January 14, 2016, 02:03:56 PM
Coulda swore it was Canaveral. All articles I saw was scheduled for Canaveral. I think video mentions Canaveral.

You may be correct, I thought the one where the rocket fell over was at the Cape and the one where it was successful was at Vendenberg?

This video is from Dec 21st, I thought I read last week they launched another one in Cali, I got confused and thought this video was that launch. 

Regardless, it was an amazing feat. I need to pay closer attention to the launch schedules and see if I can get up and see one in person again.  I used to live on Cape Canaveral and work on Merritt Island right outside the Nasa gates, so I had a front row to all the launches back then.  Move 100 miles away and you are completely disconnected from it. Crazy.

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Lol yeah I saw that the other day too.  I have it stuck in my head. 

tsumini

Quote from: Jims5543 on January 15, 2016, 05:29:19 AM
Quote from: tsumini on January 14, 2016, 02:03:56 PM

You may be correct, I thought the one where the rocket fell over was at the Cape and the one where it was successful was at Vendenberg?

This video is from Dec 21st, I thought I read last week they launched another one in Cali, I got confused and thought this video was that launch. 

Regardless, it was an amazing feat. I need to pay closer attention to the launch schedules and see if I can get up and see one in person again.  I used to live on Cape Canaveral and work on Merritt Island right outside the Nasa gates, so I had a front row to all the launches back then.  Move 100 miles away and you are completely disconnected from it. Crazy.

They're throwing these things up like July fireworks. Falcon 9 with Jason-3 Satellite scheduled for tomorrow at Vandenberg. I'd like to see a night launch.

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Spitz

Me and my GT
(Not sure how to get a video window instead of link)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2reUaRXdFFg

youtube button- 94touring

MiniDave

Wow, talk about the great white north! Nipawin is way up there in Sask....... ;D

Nicely edited video, BTW - but where was the "funny " part?  8.gif

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Spitz

Dave....if you watch to the very end.........after the fade

MiniDave

Ah....I got sidetracked looking up Nipawin......my camera's done that a few times too!

What are you using, GoPro?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Spitz

This one is directed at those that choose to shoot video incorrectly

Spitz

Quote from: MiniDave on February 16, 2016, 12:00:52 PM
Ah....I got sidetracked looking up Nipawin......my camera's done that a few times too!

What are you using, GoPro?

That was GoPro2 yes....camera and case survived the fall