Stan's 78 mini restoration

Started by stan360, September 25, 2015, 08:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gr8kornholio

Nice looking company its with too. 
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MiniDave

I was glad to see it was in an enclosed carrier - it's more expensive but really protects the car - plus look how they covered the Vette below to make sure nothing drips on it......

They just got out of town in time.....they closed I-70 for a while last night due to storms.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jimini II

Amazing how different the colour looks out of the sun light.

stan360

This carrier seemed pretty thorough but I am certain he did the he-man grip rolling the driver window down like it was an old truck or something and knocked it off track ...when I rewatched my video of the loading I thought i seen it slip, we will see when it arrives , easy fix but ugh.

MiniDave

You have any leftover pieces parts you need me to pick up before you move, or did you already?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

stan360

Well, I moved and there were 3 small boxes of spares, mostly extra vent duct tubing, the blue standard valve cover, the extra plain grill, spare floor mats ,  a few brake parts pads , some nuts and bolts and rubber plugs and a few wiring extras, not very much left  and so I packed those in the mini for the buyer. I think he made out like a bandit on the sale.  Now I need to part with a boat anchor new Hyundai that is on week 8 in repairs at body shop and computer mayhem.  I think I will take up walking or get a moped.

stan360

sad to se the mini go but today I am giving my wifi driving lessons. bwahaha  I am sure she has this sorted better than me .

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

stan360

An 86 ...finally rid of that Hyundai. I didn't trust it anymore after accident