Stan's 78 mini restoration

Started by stan360, September 25, 2015, 08:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

When are you coming down so I can look at the needle in the carb?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

stan360

Soon Dave, I have driven the car enough to feel confident to take to kc. I will free up some time here toward end month I hope to come down then

MiniDave

I'll be gone July 17-24 for my grandson's wedding

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

stan360

I am parting with the mini  :'(.  Life is moving forward fast for Rita and I and we are moving again and in time soon enough plan to move overseas.  I won't have adequate storage soon or workspace for the short haul and can't take it with me in the long haul. I am way to busy to do anything but work at the shop now most everyday (since I have it running 7 days a week )and plan for the future. I hate so much to part with this car because so much effort and love went into building it.

Dave, your battery was sorta old and hard to hold charge and I am sorry but its life was coming to an end , so I will gladly reimburse you for this, since I used it for quite some time.

I appreciate all of the help on here in building and Dan and Dave for so much time they spent on the car.

it will be on bring a trailer in a couple weeks if any of you want to watch it.

94touring

gr8kornholio

That is a bummer.  If going the BaT route, read up on the previous mini aucitons on there.  Plenty of examples on how to do it and plenty of how not to do it.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MiniDave

Stan, don't worry about the battery....it was just my shop battery and I know it was getting old.

However, if you have any of the extra stuff still leftover let me know and I'll come get it.

Sorry to see you have to sell it but as you say life moves on......should be a fun BaT auction to watch, since you've done one there already you know how to present the car for best effect.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

jedduh01

Goodluck with your Future endeavors!  Great car and any buyer will be happy.

When contemplating selling with BAT.. Make sure the BAT timeline fits your needs. I dipped my toe into listing a car but did not proceed.

Then I know of a few other Cars that sold successfully on BAT. However from the Initial BAT Contact, to deciding on the listing details to finally posting the auction typically takes 30 - 45 Days. + plus buyer action to ship / pickup the car. It all could take ~60 Days to sell.

Make sure this fits your needed timeline and you dont get held up trying to sell that one place. 

Start local!  Get Cash in Hand.  Move along!

94touring

I mean if it takes 60 days and I need to keep it at my place, I guess I'd have to do it.  4.gif

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

I never got a response. Busy guy!

Willie_B

The BBQ is this Saturday the 13th at the shop.

94touring

stan360

Yeah, I tried several times to get them to sort a way to word the  listing on  the car as having very minor or small scuffs or scratches to not give a potential buyer the impression that it was a perfect cream puff and if they find a touch up spot or a rock chip on the bottom not to stress.   They just speak in vague generalities on BAT and seem to avoid descriptive terms....that is safe I suppose. So I guess its up to the photos and me chiming in to make sure to aid the description.  Hell, I have barely driven it so its near mint. But they didn't like that description.

MiniDave

Getting decent traffic for the first day.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

stan360

Yes, that is a good sign.   Last year the  Bmini  listing panned out fine and I was happy. This should be a fun one too.

gr8kornholio

And I believe I counted 2 photos with Dan making an appearance.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

BruceK

Good luck with the auction!   While there will no doubt be some people who try to find faults, they are going to have a very tough time. The car looks fantastic and the choices you made about the build - color, interior, etc. - can't really be faulted IMO.   
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

94touring

Quote from: gr8kornholio on April 29, 2019, 10:37:33 AM
And I believe I counted 2 photos with Dan making an appearance.

1 where I had just tackled the headliner at Dave's.  I make house calls!

Jimini II

Quote from: stan360 on April 29, 2019, 09:55:30 AM
Yeah, I tried several times to get them to sort a way to word the  listing on  the car as having very minor or small scuffs or scratches to not give a potential buyer the impression that it was a perfect cream puff and if they find a touch up spot or a rock chip on the bottom not to stress.   They just speak in vague generalities on BAT and seem to avoid descriptive terms....that is safe I suppose. So I guess its up to the photos and me chiming in to make sure to aid the description.  Hell, I have barely driven it so its near mint. But they didn't like that description.

I wouldn't sweat it the car speaks for itself especially when you look at the other Mini auctions where sellers try to pass off some of the crap as they consider normal.
Nice build it will do well.

stan360

thanks for all the kind words.  I think the car will do well. Its new and not many miles, so it still looks great.  I think that as all classic minis go, it just needs someone who has time to drive and tinker with things and have fun.  All I have time to do is work , aargh.

susan

As fate would have it, on my bike ride on Sunday I came upon a car carrier parked in the middle of the street in Lawrence with Stan's Mini on the top bunk.  It had just been loaded and the driver was prepping it for it's journey.  Bye-Bye pretty Mini!  Safe travels and happy trails!

94touring

What a coincidence and cool picture!