Classic Mini Fun Run #5 UPDATE!

Started by MiniDave, July 29, 2015, 09:53:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

Venue Change - We're staying in Harrison, Arkansas

Hotel TBD in a few days

We're at it again!

The last run was a rousing good time in Eureka Springs, this time we're planning to go terrorize the Branson, Mo area in the first week of November - 6,7,8. All Classic Minis are invited, but be aware these are not terribly "organized" events, we just show up and go blasting around the best roads we can find.

We usually have about 10 cars show up which is a good number, enough for variety but not so many as to make things unwieldy.

Put that week on your calendar and come joins us, details as they happen!

Host Hotel -

Days Inn, Harrison Arkansas
Phone: 1-870-391-3297
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

November.  Got it.  I have a running mini this time. 

MiniDave

Excellent, Dooder is coming too......

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

"Official" dates......Nov 6,7, 8

Be there or be square!  ;D

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Keep reminding us so I don't forget!

MiniDave

Wow, motels are really cheap in Branson this time of year, I'll post up the host hotel once we pick one.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Well I've bid to get at least a couple of those days off.  We shall see if I get them.  I should have my steering rack in and ready to go as well. 

MiniDave

Excellent! Dooder says he's going so you guys can caravan over together if you want......

I'll have  a host hotel picked in the next week so we can get rooms reserved.

Google says it's about a 3 1/2 hour drive for you, about the same as us from KC.

My Texas buddy can't go this time tho.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Got my schedule and days off. 

MiniDave

Great!

Looks right now like 6 cars for sure......more if they can get scheduling worked out like you did. 6-10 is the usual number, enough for variety and fun, but not so many that it becomes unwieldy.

Which car from your fleet are you driving?

Don and his P'up won't get there till Friday early afternoon - he has work early Fri morning that he can't miss.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

The only mini on the road right now is the blue 74.  I have twin carbs to build this week for it and headers/exhaust and a steering rack to replace too.  Otherwise I'd have to bring the 400rwhp rx7, which I've taken there before and would be fun for me but you guys would never see me lol.  I fly in on the 5th but likely would make the drive up the 6th and stay a day or 2. 

MiniDave

That will work too, Don will be coming on the 6th from KC. We'll make Sat the big drive day......

We don't speed - a lot of us can't really! ;D

We have fun driving as fast as they will comfortably go, and we don't have to slow down for turns.  ;D

How did you get the red Clubby down, drive or trailer?

Weather permitting and assuming it's open there's a huge go kart track in town and we'll race there, maybe Fri afternoon.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

It's still at his place.  He owes me a clutch job before I get it.  Plus I'm shipping him a new master to toss in while he's working on it.  I'm in no rush to get it honestly since I have plenty of other things going on.  He may have a guy trailer it down though however since I have a lead on a mini he may be interested in locally. 

94touring

To be honest the rear subby attach panels are so non existent I'm scared to drive it lol.  I need to address that, the lack of floors, and the door frames before I start driving it.  I'll want to go over basic mechanicals too.  I believe he has all new parts in the dizzy but he has a brand new electric module to convert it, I'd probably buy an extra coil, new radiator, look at the brakes, and toss on the rebuilt carb I'm taking off the 74. 

MiniDave

Quote from: 94touring on October 05, 2015, 11:42:23 AM
To be honest the rear subby attach panels are so non existent I'm scared to drive it lol.  I need to address that, the lack of floors, and the door frames before I start driving it.  I'll want to go over basic mechanicals too.  I believe he has all new parts in the dizzy but he has a brand new electric module to convert it, I'd probably buy an extra coil, new radiator, look at the brakes, and toss on the rebuilt carb I'm taking off the 74.

Is all this on the Clubby?

I told you it was ruff!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Oh I was well aware.  Luckily I'm handy. 

MiniDave

"Handy"   ;D

Understatement of the week.......

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Venue Change!

After learning that almost all the roads we'd be running were actually in Arkansas, we decided to move our base to Harrison, Arkansas.

Hotel will be announced in a few days.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Host Hotel -

Days Inn, Harrison Arkansas
Phone: 1-870-391-3297

Rate $46.75/night plus taxes, 1 king bed, non-smoking

If you mention you're with the Mini group they'll give you this rate, otherwise it's $55/night

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Dmulder

I'd love to make the trip but multiple things get in the way. Nov 5 is my youngest sons birthday (he turns 5) , I'm in Michigan and that is a long drive in the mini, I'm a pastor so Sunday's don't work so well for me, and I'm hunting on Saturday.  I hope you guys have lots of fun.
Would anybody be interested in doing something like this in Michigan or Ohio area?
Also in 2017 they MINI dealer in Grand Rapids will be sponsoring another world record attempt at most minis gathered together in a parade. It is an event called Mini on the Mack and takes place in July on the Mackinac Bridge. Awesome event. Last year there were 10 classic minis in the group. Would be great to have more join us. Classics get to lead the parade.
"In like a lamb, Out like a lion."

MiniDave

We may do another one over spring break, maybe you can make it then? The roads are worth the drive!

Well after seeing nothing but gloom doom and rain forecast for this coming weekend for the last month, today I check the weather and they've done an about face! Now they're saying sunny and dry for the whole weekend - Yay! Temps look perfect too - low 60's and sunshiney.

We'll see if this forecast holds up till Thursday, the day before we go, but so far I'm encouraged!

I've got my Miata seat bolted in, I reset the ride height and the alignment yesterday and Buzz seems to be running well. I am going to add a hose for some carb heat, he's a bit cold natured these days and I sure won't need my Aux cooler, so it's shut off.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Willie B, it's only 10 hours from Liburn, and your car is running great again ????!?!??   ;D

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

How many are going? Should I invite Robert Carlos of Yuma to bring his primered grey mini?

MiniDave

Invite anyone and everyone you would like - right now we're at 5 cars. Dooder won't be joining us......

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Willie_B

Quote from: MiniDave on November 02, 2015, 02:09:25 PM
Willie B, it's only 10 hours from Liburn, and your car is running great again ????!?!??   ;D

Sounds good if I could. Too soon.