Author Topic: Then I broke down (74 mini mild refurb)  (Read 79471 times)

Offline 94touring

Re: Then I broke down (74 mini mild refurb)
« Reply #600 on: July 26, 2020, 12:15:40 PM »
Now that the ignition phase of this project is setup, moving onto fuel.  Have a malpassi metro turbo fuel pressure regulator on the way and an MPI fuel pump to swap into the SPI tank I have installed in the car.  The SPI fuel pump from researching doesn't have enough pressure for 13psi that the turbo is preset for.  The nice thing about already having an SPI tank is it has the hardware ready for a fuel return line.  I will need to pull the carb off and use the turbo rebuild kit for it. 

Offline 94touring

« Reply #601 on: July 27, 2020, 09:08:52 AM »
Just got off the phone with Aldon.  They are emailing me the correct software version so I can toggle between vacuum and boost.  Would have gone smoother if they just had it on their website or the USB drive to begin with.   :-[

Offline MiniDave

« Reply #602 on: July 27, 2020, 10:35:19 AM »
Yeah, that empty USB drive is a puzzler......they must have a bunch of nephews working there now...... ;D
1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2004 Audi Allroad 2.7 TT

Offline 94touring

« Reply #603 on: July 30, 2020, 11:34:55 AM »
Email didn't work. Files bounced back. So they decided to mail them.  But then decided not to do that either.  :-[   Upon further online research I wish I had found a similar product by cbperformance.  Essentially the same thing, probably better looking at the mapping, less expensive, and in the US. I was able to easily and quickly download their software and tutorials and have it figured out within minutes.  The Amethyst is really slick and it for sure works good, but this has been pretty disappointing customer service.

Offline Red Riley

« Reply #604 on: July 30, 2020, 01:57:12 PM »
Wow. That's pretty poor. There are lots of ways to send large files other than by email. They could put them in Dropbox, send them by an FTP, share them on google drive, or use any one of numerous free or cheap  online file transfer apps. They must be real amateurs.

Offline 94touring

« Reply #605 on: July 30, 2020, 02:20:07 PM »
It's been annoying to say the least.  And after the email bounced back to him, he didn't even bother to reach out and tell me. I had to get on the phone a day later and he said...oh yeah that didn't work. 

Offline 94touring

« Reply #606 on: August 03, 2020, 11:49:48 AM »
Well I'm almost surprised but they put the correct software application on their website for all to download and it appears as though it will work.  I will need the car connected to a laptop to toggle from NA to Boost and I'm out of town till the 16th, but the option shows up which is a good sign.  Uploaded the file to this post just for the hell of it.

Offline tmsmini

« Reply #607 on: August 03, 2020, 12:36:24 PM »
I am pretty disappointed with SC support as they seem to lose interest in resolving issues.
But I did have them connect remotely to the ECU once to make some adjustments. One would think that a few thousand of purchases would get a timely response.
Terry

Offline 94touring

« Reply #608 on: August 03, 2020, 02:41:09 PM »
Yeah you'd think! 

Offline 94touring

« Reply #609 on: August 06, 2020, 02:35:54 PM »
Spares shipment arrived with the MPI fuel pump to drop in the tank.  Waiting on the fuel pressure regulator which was out of stock and coming from a seller on ebay.

Also in the shipment were some hs4 gaskets and some new springs and odds and ends to clean up my dual carbs which will be for sale.  If anyone is needing twin hs4's these are basically brand new.