998 Power Unit for sale

Started by notabmw, February 22, 2015, 02:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notabmw

Fresh built by Don Sobering.
This is a complete engine and rod change box.
New Calver Head
SW5 cam, and many other parts.
Everything has been changed and blueprinted.

$8000.00 Firm

All you need to add is the alternator , pot joints.

Needs to be broken in.

Email if interested.  tonyp@vaxxine.com
Located in Niagara Region, Ontario, Canada

94touring

What kind of power are you expecting?

Willie_B

This is a good deal considering what I paid for my last 1275 engine/trans rebuild.

MtyMous

If this thing was actually blueprinted and has everyting brand new as stated (crank, rods, bolts, gears, etc) then it is a great deal.

I looked into blueprinting, but since I won't be rebuilding this motor like a F1 race motor, and I don't have a need for the ridiculous level of balancing (balancing bolts, balancing nuts, etc), measurements to the thousands on things like bearings and gaps, and tolerances less than the thickness of a hair. So just standard documentation of parts and good machine work documentation for me.

Good luck with sale.

notabmw

Quote from: 94touring on February 22, 2015, 03:26:55 PM
What kind of power are you expecting?
No idea... We built it for reliability and smooth, quiet running
I would be surprised if it did not break 60 BHP

notabmw

Quote from: MtyMous on February 22, 2015, 08:30:03 PM
If this thing was actually blueprinted and has everyting brand new as stated (crank, rods, bolts, gears, etc) then it is a great deal.

I looked into blueprinting, but since I won't be rebuilding this motor like a F1 race motor, and I don't have a need for the ridiculous level of balancing (balancing bolts, balancing nuts, etc), measurements to the thousands on things like bearings and gaps, and tolerances less than the thickness of a hair. So just standard documentation of parts and good machine work documentation for me.

Good luck with sale.

Everything that needed changing was changed.  Crank was checked for cracks, and reconditioned the journals.  I have a list of parts that went into it.
Anyone that knows Don Sobering can tell you the kind of work he does. 
He is one of the best, if not the best mini engine builder on this side of the pond.

MtyMous

Sounds awesome. I hope you didn't think I was talking the engine down. I meant that if that kind of work was done it's rare and expensive. Good on you. Sounds like a pretty awesome motor.

Again, good luck with the sale.