'65 'S' rims

Started by Mudhen, February 05, 2015, 08:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudhen

Hey guys,

I'm wanting to go back to original rims on my '65 'S'...looking around I think it would have had 4.5x10?  I think that's what I'd want anyway but not sure - right now I think I have 5.5x10 Minilites with Colway gravel spec rally retreads on them.  They stick out too far from the body, though, and I don't want to do flares again since my intention [whenever I get around to doing something with the car] is to return to original everything.

[look the other way, Jim]
Minisport has some listed here:
http://www.minisport-usa.com/mini-spare-parts/Mini_Cooper_S_Steel_Wheels.html
$90ea for the white ones and $55 for the silver?  That's some expensive paint...think I have a rattle can of Pepper White from my MINI around here somewhere...
[ok Jim, you can look back]

Any good places to get wheels here in the US?

Thanks!

94touring

I have a set of 4.5x10 steelies with what looks like new 008 rubber.   Let me know if you're interested.   They need a blasting and paint job.   

Mudhen

Quote from: 94touring on February 05, 2015, 09:00:07 AM
I have a set of 4.5x10 steelies with what looks like new 008 rubber.   Let me know if you're interested.   They need a blasting and paint job.

Wow, once again, ask and ye shall receive.

Although, I uh, wasn't going to do anything right away...ya, and uh, you're probably going to have to just move them to the new shop...
man, that would suck.  Anyway, I guess I might be able to do something sooner for the right price...

19.gif

94touring

Name yo price!  I'll get you pics in a couple days.