panel holder thingy

Started by 94touring, January 16, 2015, 02:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

I'm tired of spraying doors, boot lids, and bonnets one side at a time so just devised this out of some scrap metal.   The top is even detachable and makes it easy to move. 

Tim

Looks like a good idea.  Can you get around behind all of the panels  so that you can get both sides, or do you just have to turn them around?

I like it.

Tim. 4.gif

MiniDave

Does the tab on the ends of the pipe stick up far enough that you can paint the inside edge of the window channel openings?

I'm for things that work and make a job easier!
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Yes to both of you.  I can easily spray both sides and I found rectangle bar that is perfect for the channels.   

tsumini

For a minute there I thought you were going to tell us how you sprayed both sides at once LOL.

94touring

I'm excited about using it on these panels.  It's a real drag doing them a side at a time.   I shot primer on them after final block sanding and worked great.   

jeff10049

You'll love it, I hung up my doors, hood, and boot lid worked great.
I don't know why I did it the hard way for so long having to wait and mask the done side sucks.
That and less dirt seems to get in the paint when it's not laying flat.

Jeff

94touring

As many as I've done you'd think I'd have made something sooner.   I had time to weld it up while I was waiting for some filler to dry.