Minis For Sale on BAT

Started by MiniDave, January 08, 2015, 01:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceK

And now another red & black Mk I Cooper S is on BaT.    Should do better than the last one.

I can't believe they took all those photos and didn't notice that the hood was open.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1965-austin-mini-cooper-s-9/

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

LarryLebel

... and a red Moke, the owner of which I know well. Anyone attending Mini Meet Wests in recent years would have seen it.  It's perennially the fastest
on the autocross course.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1967-austin-mini-moke-11/

Here's a video of Rob on the autocross course at the 2015 MMW.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwaB2VO1HNk

Jimini II

I think the Aussie Moke will be affected by the bidding on this UK Moke, someone may get a bargain if there is such a thing on BaT.

No bargain to be had on the 91 lhd Mini, it sold for $21,500.

Jimini II

Quote from: BruceK on June 03, 2021, 11:21:22 AM
And now another red & black Mk I Cooper S is on BaT.    Should do better than the last one.

I can't believe they took all those photos and didn't notice that the hood was open.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1965-austin-mini-cooper-s-9/

The owner stated the front wing was replaced during restoration, judging by the condition of the radiator inner wing shroud it took quite a hit.
I wonder why he never repaired it correctly the car looks way too nice to have this staring at you when you open the bonnet.

LarryLebel

The tach on the Moke is a bit flakey. This is quite normal for Smiths tachs and remedied by cleaning the electrical contacts.

Jimini II

Well the Cooper S and the UK S engined Moke are both bid to $27,500 and both with 3 days to go.
As much as i like the Moke the S should win out on this one plus its a lot more practical and appeals to a wider audience although the Moke has had more views.

BruceK

This Mini is more. 

More than a regular Mini, it's an Innocenti. 

More than VTEC-equipped, it is a VTEC turbo.

More than front wheel drive, it's AWD.

And it's got some truly crazy engine cooling going on.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-mini-innocenti-cooper/

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

gr8kornholio

Is that the exhaust coming out the side in front?  That's got to smell lovely with windows down
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

BruceK

Quote from: gr8kornholio on June 08, 2021, 12:01:43 PM
Is that the exhaust coming out the side in front?  That's got to smell lovely with windows down

Yeah that is a real half-assed way to deal with that.

I've only ever seen one other vehicle where the exhaust exited out the front - that was on an old airport fuel truck and I'm sure the idea was to keep the exhaust away from the fuel dispensing end of the vehicle for safety purposes. 

But on this car it just is plain stupid.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

It's going to heat that tire up too.  Exhaust gets pretty damn hot at rpms.

cstudep

It would last about 10 minutes on the roads around here before it got ripped completely off. Not to mention it just looks stupid.

It's impossible to know without all the details of the build, but it looks unbalanced left to right as well. I wonder if it handles significantly different around RH vs LH turns.

Willie_B

Well the center hump is full of driveshaft.

Jimini II

On the Minitec AWD build they put the silencer under the rear seat with a side exit.
This sellers build with the extra HP required a larger driveshaft so he claimed there was no room for the exhaust, like the rest of the build as chopped up as it is it doesn't look like it was thought through.

Jimini II

The Burgandy UK Moke sold for $50,500, its going to Houston Texas.

The red/black S was RNM at $44,000. Based on the selling price of the not so nice S last week at $35k this should have bought $50k imo.

The long time owned white Aussie Moke sold for $18k.

MiniDave

Well, based on the price paid for that Moke, the S would have been a good buy at $44K....

BUT.....

Are these prices insane or what? When that green perfectly restored one brought what $40K a while ago I thought that was pretty ridiculous, but this much for a non original?

My friend Clancy is getting ready to list his Moke on BaT, he says he'd even deliver it for $40K! At first I thought he was joking, but now I'm not so sure.....
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Willie_B

The green moke you referring to resold earlier this year for 50k on BAT. feeling better all the time about mine.

MiniDave

No the one Marinlands sold, wasn't it for $40K?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Willie_B

Quote from: MiniDave on June 10, 2021, 02:42:15 PM
No the one Marinlands sold, wasn't it for $40K?

Yes, he got 40 k for it. The buyer kept it for 2 years then sold it on BAT earlier this year for 50K after putting 500 miles on it.

MiniDave

Oh, that's right.....I wonder if these guys are thinking they can do the same? 25% profit in 2 years is a fairly good ROI.

Would you sell yours if you could get $50K for it?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Willie_B

I would, but only after putting some fun miles on it.

I am looking into another English moke that was for sale a year ago up in the Georgia mountains to see if it's still available.

MPlayle

Well, so much for the idea of trying to find another Moke.  With Moke prices going like that on BaT, it is going to become near impossible to find something affordable.

I already know chances of getting my white one back are nill.

BruceK

So basically Mokes are becoming the new Fiat Jolly's? 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

Jimini II

Mokes are fetching crazy money lately. The UK Mokes bring the most with the Aussie and Portuguese ones lagging behind.
IMO the Aussie and Portuguese ones drive the best, the UK ones if original with metal seats and an 850 for power not so much, but they can still be a lot of fun as I witnessed with Mark Caldwell chasing me down a mountain in TN.
I drive my Moke the most of all my classics maybe the climate helps but I don't mind driving it in 30 and 40 degree weather and I also pull a pop up lightweight tent camper with it.
I thought the BaT Moke would do $40k plus with the engine it had but as with any auction all it takes is two bidders with some disposable income.
Mark Caldwells $40k/$50k restored original Moke to me was a better buy/investment than the one that just sold imo and I believe you would have a better chance of a roi.
They are definitely money in the bank currently and with 6000 views  BaT is the place to sell a moke or any Mini right now.

tsumini

Getting reaady to sell the Austin mini 850. How do you think it will do on BAT? Have to gather info and photos.

BruceK

That green Innocenti with the VTEC and AWD was reserve not met at $20,000.

Nicely illustrates that the little details are indeed important, and if they are neglected then the value suffers.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S