Minis For Sale on BAT

Started by MiniDave, January 08, 2015, 01:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Red over black roof looks good.  Black stripes meh.  All black rims meh.  They need the polished lip like my black rims. Then the additional black flares really makes it less visually appealing to me.  Just noticed the black seam covers too. Also not good.

MiniDave

Yep, this one hits all the Meh spots for me too - it's right on trend tho.....red paint, black roof, black wheels, black trim, 4 spot lights on the front. All it needs are those skinny seats only a 12 y/o boy's ass will fit!

Forgot to mention the big spotlight on the butt!

And the fake roll bar.......

Oh, and........wait for it.................................Oversills!!!!!   77.gif

Bedliner on the roof, and no heater......

Coil spring suspension.

Vin plate looks correct, except for those mounting screws

Noisy Weber carb too.

Wow.....about $30K in invoices.... ::) 8.gif
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

KingpenM3

Damn, just as soon as I was floating the idea of blacking out my roof and wheels this example comes along to let me know that is a horrible idea!

94touring

It can look good if done properly. This is a car I painted some time ago. 

94touring

Jimini II

Quote from: BruceK on January 25, 2021, 07:40:08 PM
Another Mini is on BaT.   This one is a 1977 that has had a 1275 installed and Cooper badges added. 

The red and black theme may not be to everyones' taste.  No telling at this early stage how the auction will go.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1977-austin-mini/

Looking through some of the $30k plus in receipts it just amazes me what owners will spend on a Mini.
A fair bit of welding was done to the roof i wonder what that bedliner texture coat is hiding and how long it will last.
As most bed liner finishes fade over time i am sure it will need a re paint at some time, he may have been better off using one of the liner materials (Herculiner)?that are clear and you mix the colour into it.

94touring

You can spray flat paint these days so I'm not sure why a bedliner for the roof.  It looks off being flat on the roof anyways. 

cstudep

Quote from: 94touring on January 26, 2021, 07:08:35 PM
You can spray flat paint these days so I'm not sure why a bedliner for the roof.  It looks off being flat on the roof anyways. 

Especially since all the rest of the black is not flat, Odd choice for the roof for sure and when compared to one of your beautifully done shiny roofs, it just looks that much worse.

Jimini II

Quote from: 94touring on January 26, 2021, 07:08:35 PM

I actually thought it was a vinyl roof from the 70s at first glance.
And just like a vinyl roof bedliner will hide and cover up a lot of sins.

KingpenM3

Quote from: 94touring on January 25, 2021, 09:08:22 PM

I can appreciate that for sure, something about the BAT car comes off as trying to hard. Or not quite accomplishing the goal.

94touring

Quote from: KingpenM3 on January 26, 2021, 09:30:21 PM
Quote from: 94touring on January 25, 2021, 09:08:22 PM

I can appreciate that for sure, something about the BAT car comes off as trying to hard. Or not quite accomplishing the goal.

Yes it does.

BruceK

Hey KingpenM3, welcome to Restoration Mini! 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

BruceK

So... just your average Mini now on BaT.

Oh, there's a 18 minute video too.

I'm sure nobody is going to notice this car.  ;D

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1991-mini-rover-mini-mk-4/

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

$8 K the first day too....

My problem with all of these bike engined cars, outside of the noise, the no reverse and no torque, is that even in town just cruising around you're turning 7-10K RPM.

Curious to see where this one winds up......that is SOME rear splitter!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jimini II

The add says it is running 12 x 7 ATV wheels, i hope that is the make of wheels and not four wheeler atv wheels with that much power.
Kawasaki is not the usual choice of bike engine used usually Suzuki and Yamaha here but the UK guys use mainly Honda bike engines from what i have seen.

Jimini II

Quote from: Jimini II on January 26, 2021, 07:02:24 PM
Quote from: BruceK on January 25, 2021, 07:40:08 PM
Another Mini is on BaT.   This one is a 1977 that has had a 1275 installed and Cooper badges added. 

The red and black theme may not be to everyones' taste.  No telling at this early stage how the auction will go.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1977-austin-mini/

Looking through some of the $30k plus in receipts it just amazes me what owners will spend on a Mini.
A fair bit of welding was done to the roof i wonder what that bedliner texture coat is hiding and how long it will last.
As most bed liner finishes fade over time i am sure it will need a re paint at some time, he may have been better off using one of the liner materials (Herculiner)?that are clear and you mix the colour into it.

The red/black Mini just sold for $21,000. Good money for a roll up window 77 model with a Weber and no driving video.

BruceK

That's pretty high for that car IMO. I thought it should have been around $17500 or so.

Are we seeing a bit of a Mini bubble with the last several cars being sold?  Or is the market really changing?
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

I did NOT think it would go that high.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jimini II

No i thought it sold for a lot higher price than i thought it was worth.
That being said it had $31k in receipts plus the original price of the car so it was a loss money wise for the owner.

94touring

The fuck.  That POS sold for that much?  I need to sell my mini and buy this lake property I've been eye balling.

tsumini

BruceK

Quote from: tsumini on February 03, 2021, 07:19:09 AM
Gamestop stock profits?

I bet you can get some really good prices on used yachts right now. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

This Cooper S is now on BaT.  It's not totally original and it comes from New Zealand so that will muddle things a little bit, but I expect this one is going to go for some seriously big money. 

I believe that it's Mk I goodness will overpower objections.  My guesstimate is upper 30s or into the mid-40s.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1966-morris-cooper-s/

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

The bike engined Mini in Canada? Sold for freaking $37K!!!!!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

That's crazy money. 

The Mk I Cooper S from NZ is getting a lot of scrutiny based upon concerns about its origin.  From Australia? New Zealand? Oz doors?  Interesting to watch experts, who have never appeared on BaT before, chime in. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S