Minis For Sale on BAT

Started by MiniDave, January 08, 2015, 01:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

.....or live out here in the sticks where they don't care so much what you drive!
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Quote from: Jimini II on October 18, 2019, 06:15:41 AM
Quote from: MiniDave on October 17, 2019, 02:05:47 PM
Yes, but he wants $2500 for the stick package and all....plus the auction fee of about $330. For a car with rust, dents and a tired interior.

I think this one might be coming back up for sale after the buyer finds he can't reg it in Ca....

You may be right Dave. The buyer posted after the sale and apparently he recently moved from CT to CA and did not know of the stricter classic car regulations.
It pays to do your homework.

I'm kinda shocked a car enthusiast would not know of California's very onerous vehicle registration laws.  It's quite a paradox with CA having such a major car culture yet at the same time such an anti-car state government.

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

Jimini II

Quote from: BruceK on October 18, 2019, 10:37:51 AM
Quote from: Jimini II on October 18, 2019, 06:15:41 AM
Quote from: MiniDave on October 17, 2019, 02:05:47 PM
Yes, but he wants $2500 for the stick package and all....plus the auction fee of about $330. For a car with rust, dents and a tired interior.

I think this one might be coming back up for sale after the buyer finds he can't reg it in Ca....

You may be right Dave. The buyer posted after the sale and apparently he recently moved from CT to CA and did not know of the stricter classic car regulations.
It pays to do your homework.

I'm kinda shocked a car enthusiast would not know of California's very onerous vehicle registration laws.  It's quite a paradox with CA having such a major car culture yet at the same time such an anti-car state government.

What gets me is the fact that the year be it 1968 or 1975 (depending on who you talk to and which DMV you are using) is a cut off date not a roll over one.
So basically 50 years from now there could be a lot less classics on the road there, of course a lot of us Mini owners will be gone by then just like the Model T's owners whose cars are worth more as a Hot Rod than an original due to the population that drove them as a kid no longer being around.
There are ways around be it legal or illegal and there are a certain number of registrations available each year for one off special builds.
Living there would not be my cup of tea for sure.

MiniDave

Meanwhile, MiniGuy is top bidder on the Innocenti.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jimini II

Quote from: MiniDave on October 18, 2019, 11:28:59 AM

I believe he does that to keep his name out there for free advertising, that or he is the most unluckiest bidder in over 130 cars he has never won one ;0

BruceK

Quote from: Jimini II on October 18, 2019, 04:20:35 PM
Quote from: MiniDave on October 18, 2019, 11:28:59 AM

I believe he does that to keep his name out there for free advertising, that or he is the most unluckiest bidder in over 130 cars he has never won one ;0

Yeah I agree.  I wonder if he'd like it if BaT posted references to themselves all over his website?
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

94touring

Not a lot of interest Inno went RNM at 15k.  It was $11750 with 2 minutes to go. 

MiniDave

I think that car was a very nice driver level car, I'm not sure but that $15K maybe was the right price for it.....I'll chat with him in the next few days and see what he decided to do......

There's another one on Ebay that Dan and I have been watching - the guy posts three not very good pics and virtually no info and must have a fairly high reserve - he just relists it again and again.

There's also the twin to the BaT car for sale on Facebook, it's in Italy for 11,750 Euros, time you convert that to $$ and ship it to the east coast, you'd be in it $15K easy.

That might be the market for driver level Inno's at this time.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

The Ebay inno has never gotten 1 bid either!

Jimini II

Quote from: MiniDave on October 22, 2019, 08:39:59 AM
I think that car was a very nice driver level car, I'm not sure but that $15K maybe was the right price for it.....I'll chat with him in the next few days and see what he decided to do......

There's another one on Ebay that Dan and I have been watching - the guy posts three not very good pics and virtually no info and must have a fairly high reserve - he just relists it again and again.

There's also the twin to the BaT car for sale on Facebook, it's in Italy for 11,750 Euros, time you convert that to $$ and ship it to the east coast, you'd be in it $15K easy.

That might be the market for driver level Inno's at this time.....

I think $15k was a decent price considering some of the specific to innocenti parts were no longer on the car along with the well worn looking seats and change of color re paint.
The one in Italy with what seems all the correct parts for roughly the same amount of money looks in much better condition imo.

MiniDave

I thought it might be too, but tough to tell from just a few pics......

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jimini II

Decent driver level Island Blue / white early MK II Cooper S for sale on BaT.
Claims to be the second MK II S built with the first going to S Africa?
Looks like a decent older restoration but the floors look a little dented and wavy.

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jimini II

Judging by the flat home made sills and patched rear sub frame and other miscellaneous welding it looks like it has been used for quite a few Canadian winters.
If you are doing a bare shell re build with new panels and with all parts available on the internet why would you skimp on these important parts?
Quite an impressive air box set up on the twin carbs.

Jimini II

Quote from: Jimini II on October 28, 2019, 08:26:36 AM
Decent driver level Island Blue / white early MK II Cooper S for sale on BaT.
Claims to be the second MK II S built with the first going to S Africa?
Looks like a decent older restoration but the floors look a little dented and wavy.

This S sold for$36k.

Jimini II

New Mini listing on BaT today a Mk III lhd from Portugal nicely restored 998.

MiniDave

That wild metallic green Mini on BaT went RNM at $10K.....I think that was a little light for the car as it was in decent shape.....and that color would certainly show well!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jimini II

It takes a certain buyer for that colour.
There is a nice mostly original 67 Cooper S with all original panels currently at $17k on BaT, that is the way to buy one imo.

MiniDave

I agree, but there's no way that S will go for $17,500.......still, it's a non original engine and trans in the S.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jimini II

Quote from: MiniDave on November 04, 2019, 03:20:21 PM
I agree, but there's no way that S will go for $17,500.......still, it's a non original engine and trans in the S.

No comparison and the S will probably do in the $30k range.
The Portuguese Mini looks clean and we'll sorted.

MiniDave

The S sold for $36K.....a good result considering it didn't have the original engine or trans.

The orange Portuguese 998 is now at $10,750 - if you add the $3500 for shipping and the BaT fee, that seems like the top of the market for a 998, even if it is well sorted.

This Cooper S looks incredibly solid and original - except for the front seats - which are period correct.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1967-mini-austion-cooper-s/

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jimini II

The orange Potueguese Mini closed at $10,750 a no sale reserve not met.

MiniDave

Like I said, by the time you factor in the cost to get it here, it was already at the top of its value as a 998. Which is both good and bad news - the bad being that they should be worth more, the good being that it's a really good buy as there's little difference between one and a 1275 in most people's driving.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jimini II

The white/black original S just sold for $29,250, i think that was a good deal for both parties.

MiniDave

I think in many ways that was a better resto candidate than the other one that sold for more....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad