Minis For Sale on BAT

Started by MiniDave, January 08, 2015, 01:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

The orange racecar brought $20K, more than Stan's Mini did!

The blue one a more reasonable $15K

The Canadian Mini is only up to $7700......anyone know the significance of the lic plate? I assume it's binary?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jimini II

Well the ex Canadian green Mini with the Webasto sold for $18,350. Nice car well presented with a few things that needed sorting and bought good money imo.

MiniDave

That's a pretty significant price.....I think that shows why Stan's car only brought $650 more - color is important too.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Quote from: MiniDave on May 22, 2019, 03:49:51 PM
Another Moke on BaT!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1966-austin-mini-moke-4/

And with a front-mounted radiator, no less.  Looks to be well done, but I wonder why make the effort when a side mounted radiator works fine?
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MiniDave

Wonder if he thinks it will bring $41K like the other one did?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jimini II

Quote from: MiniDave on May 23, 2019, 11:42:21 AM
Wonder if he thinks it will bring $41K like the other one did?

The "modified" UK Moke did $23,000 and sold, I would have guessed RNM at that price especially when you consider a new shell is $10k plus.

MiniDave

Yep, now there is a really nice ERA Turbo Mini on BaT.....he previously had it on Ebay with a buy it now of $28,500......wonder if it will get a BaT bump?

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1990-rover-mini-era/

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

tmsmini

I would love to have an ERA Mini. I think there is a limited market and it may go to the UK. They seem to be bringing many back from Japan. But many is a relative term as there are few anywhere..
Do you have a link to the Ebay listing, I cannot find it.

MiniDave

It wasn't Ebay, it was Craigslist in 2017....my mistake.

Since that time he seems to have done a lot of work on the car including repainting it....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

tmsmini

I guess the ERA was featured on BAT before when it was on Craigslist.
There was a link to this in the description, which also had a link to the CL posting which is now gone:
https://bringatrailer.com/2017/01/18/rare-era-turbo-1990-mini-in-texas/

Never heard of this site, but it was posted in a comment:
http://www.craigslistadsaver.com/view.php?name=TurboRoverMini

And why not clean up the engine bay?It has been in the US for three years, no attention to the engine bay during that time

MiniDave

Cool find on the CL saver....

I agree, I don't understand why they would go to that much effort on the body ad interior and not clean up the engine bay.

I see this all the time, guys trying to sell parts on TMF and they're a corroded, grubby, nasty mess.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jimini II

Nice to see Rover kept their sub standard fitting bonnet on ERA Mini's they charged twice as much for when new lol.
Is it me or does the dash fitted in these look like some 70's home made foam backed back yard shed job to anyone else ?

MiniDave

I saw that hood misfit too!   ;D

Looks just like my car...

Yeah, that dash is the epitome of 80's style!

those seats sure looked comfy tho....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

tmsmini

I think the one in the UK has been for sale at a higher price a few times.
I did not win the lottery Wednesday night, so I won't be bidding or buying.

At least they cleaned the engine bay on the UK one, but with that few miles maybe it did not need attention. I would be worried about a car being unused for that long.
http://www.gcminis.co.uk/products/rover-mini/era-turbo-in-green-with-just-82-miles-1

Jimini II

Quote from: MiniDave on May 29, 2019, 10:57:24 AM
Yep, now there is a really nice ERA Turbo Mini on BaT.....he previously had it on Ebay with a buy it now of $28,500......wonder if it will get a BaT bump?

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1990-rover-mini-era/

No BaT bump on this one Dave it sold for a verrrrrry reasonable a bargain in fact $16,750 and is going to California and yes he is going to register it there.
Even being a 90's Mini it can be registered and has been done recently on a carbed 1275 Mini, not sure i would want the $5k bill to do it though or if the turbo makes a big difference on the emissions.

MiniDave

Turbo's work well at altitude!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

tmsmini

I would have placed a bid if I knew it was going to go so low.
Anyone know the "buyer's premium" on BAT?

Being in California, I would need an extra 5K for the certification as well. I was also told it would be possible to register it as an historical vehicle in California. That classification limits the number of miles driven somehow.
Terry

MiniDave

5% of the sale price on BaT, so $837.50 on this car....reasonable compared to Mecom or the other big auction houses - it's also capped at $5K, so even if you bought something for $500K, you'll only pay $5k.

Could you guys in Ca do like the RV'ers do and get a mailing address in Nevada or Oregon or someplace and reg the car there and avoid all the Ca smog pain?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jimini II

Quote from: MiniDave on June 04, 2019, 08:27:33 AM
5% of the sale price on BaT, so $837.50 on this car....reasonable compared to Mecom or the other big auction houses - it's also capped at $5K, so even if you bought something for $500K, you'll only pay $5k.

Could you guys in Ca do like the RV'ers do and get a mailing address in Nevada or Oregon or someplace and reg the car there and avoid all the Ca smog pain?

Cars that are not CA friendly are frequently registered in other States.
Montana has no sales tax so high dollar cars are registered there under an LLC with no residency required, also Vermont is another State where you do not need to be a resident as well as other States i assume.

tmsmini

Some areas in California are more aggressive than others about out of state licensing.. There has been increased awareness as more people try to avoid local registration.

BruceK

Another Mini is on BaT, this time a Mk. II Mini.  On the plus side, it is a Mk. II car, but there are some paint issues, and the interior is tatty and missing items.  Sporting a tuned 998, my wild guess is this car will be bid to about $11K. 

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1968-austin-austin-mini-cooper-mk2-2/

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

Now a VTEC Mini has popped up on BaT.  Looks to be done well and reportedly has done some track days too.

No external clues it sports a VTEC, however the interior has had some custom Fast & Furious work done - not to my taste at all.

My guess is this will be bid up to the low- to mid-$20s.  Then again, the fact it is already registered in the Peoples Republic of California may really be attractive to those living there.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-austin-mini/

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

jedduh01

Wow... that interior is 'umm... modified.

all the parts are there but just that steering column is wow.. and then the gas tank is in the passenger compartment to give a trunk.. Sure its probably fine. but no thanks.'

I bet it doesn't Pass 15K.