Minis For Sale on BAT

Started by MiniDave, January 08, 2015, 01:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drmini

Looks good to me except for the engine plate stamped from the top and the silkscreened VIN plate.  The seats are correct and hard to find in those colors.  The Brocade is there but the gold may have faded or washed away.  Should easily get to mid 30's!

gr8kornholio

Almost choked when it said it was Fiesta Yellow and sure enough there it was on the certificate also.  I had to comment cause there are only 2 pictures that look correct. 
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MiniDave

yeah, the lighting really affects the look of the color......
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

mascher

Tell me if I'm wrong ( I'm sure everyone will  ;D ) but it looks like this car has been hit on the front left with some good and some bad repairs. One of the front floor sections has been replaced with an odd pressing. I give the seller credit for providing a lot of good pictures.

Kelley

gr8kornholio

Yes, in the comments there is a discussion of the silk screened replacement VIN tags.  This was the result of a wreck during the Canadian ownership where the front was damaged.  It then mentions it languished at a shop for a decade being repaired.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

Jimini II

That Mini has been hit pretty hard in the front and the owner has even admitted it was in an accident and left in storage for 10 years.
The front floor pan has been stitched in with the ribs not aligning and on the same side where the front sub frame leg mounts the floor/bulkhead section looks to be hammered out with a sledge hammer.
I presume the front panel has been replaced with what looks like the incorrect one so also the body number may be gone, along with the silk screened vin plate and incorrectly stamped engine number ther is no fool proof way to prove the provenance of this S.
I am not saying it is not an S i believe it is but with the way it is presented who knows?
That being said i am sure it will do decent money and sell especially if the current owner purchased it from Canada at .75c on the dollar.

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Quote from: MiniDave on April 29, 2019, 09:25:39 AM
Stan's Mini went live on BaT today.....

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1978-austin-mini-3/
I've been drooling over that car ever since I watched it come together here on RM.  And when I saw it on dyno day it did not disappoint one bit.   I left a positive comment on BaT.   I'm sure it will do well - there are few Minis as nice.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

Jimini II

Very nice build with some tasteful mods it will do well.

stan360

Thanks for your support and comments on BAT guys, I really appreciate it, and that helps me so much in moving things along ,  I am greatful for that . The mini projects have been a great and memorable part to my life. Cars come and go but the memories stay, and better yet to meet some of you in helping me along the way.

MiniDave

Once you get relocated, you can be our roving correspondent in China!  77.gif

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

stan360

Ha, yes.....No classic minis there but seen a lot of the newer ones in Shanghai. They have some strict policies on cars ....among other things ha ..... no more that 1 year old vehicle for imports and only if approved. And only LHD cars.....now Hong Kong on the other hand is RHD and other side of road having been under British at one time.

MiniDave

Well, the Fiesta Yellow S got to $27,500 and went RNM....it hit that number yesterday which meant it didn't move at all at the end of the auction. That surprised me....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jimini II

Quote from: MiniDave on May 01, 2019, 01:28:40 PM
Well, the Fiesta Yellow S got to $27,500 and went RNM....it hit that number yesterday which meant it didn't move at all at the end of the auction. That surprised me....

I thought it did remarkably well considering it's past and present faults not to mention the lack of answers on the owners part.
Not a lot of love for the colour though but to me it was different in a good way, you won't see many Fiesta yellow Cooper S's around.

MiniDave

I agree, my only thought was usually you get some action in the last few minutes.....this one died completely the day before.

Maybe like SM Minis said, the markets is saturated.....Hope Stan's car does better!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jimini II

I think Stan's Mini will do fine i would take his over that S any day.

Jimini II

Stan's Mini sold for $19k congrats Stan and i think a hell of a buy for the buyer.
On to the next one.

MiniDave

Yeah, I think he did OK, but then I saw a Ferrari tool roll sell for $18K..... ::) :-[ 8.gif

Some people think the color might have hurt the sale some....I came to like it after a while myself. I think the car is going to Vegas baby, so it will fit in fine there!  77.gif

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jimini II

Yes what they get for Italian tools and Porsche wheels is ridiculous but if you need that tool roll to complete your concourse restoration then i guess it is worth it.

I drift towards the not so popular Mini colors it makes a change from the normal sea of blue, red, and green ones.
I don't for one minute you could build that Mini for $19k when paying for labor.
I wonder how he is going to register it in California maybe with a Montana LLC ?
Maybe Nevada is easier.

stan360

Talked to buyer today. He has a place in Nevada as well and can register the car there.

Jimini II

BruceK

Mini race cars!  Mini race cars!   Get your Mini cars right here!

Two have popped up on BaT. 

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1968-austin-austin-mini-cooper-mk2-3/

And this one looks like it was driven by Austin Powers.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1965-wolseley-hornet/

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1976-mini-mark-iv/

A 76 Canadian Mini with a lot of upgrades and all the Canadian "beauty" parts removed......one thing I've learned watching these BaT auctions and reading the invoices from the various repair shops around the country - I'm working WAY to cheap......$3K labor to rebuild an engine......

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

I need to charge more for glass installation lol.

BruceK

If someone is going to spend that much money on a Canadian Mini, why the heck wouldn't they ditch the ugly sidemarker lights?!
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S