Minis For Sale on BAT

Started by MiniDave, January 08, 2015, 01:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceK

Greed. 

Surprised BaT let them set up the reserve that high.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MPlayle

I can't imagine what the seller thinks that red Moke should sell for.  I tend to agree with Bruce that "greed" has worked its way into some of these Mini auctions.

Mine has many of the same "upgrades" as the red Moke, but is a genuine UK Moke (a fully proper MK-II UK Moke replacement shell that truly matched factory spec. for 1967) and has the proper VIN tag and Heritage Certificate to prove it correct.  I guess I don't have the "greed" gene as I would be happy if mine got to that kind of price in an auction.

velopackrat

And the red Morris Cooper S was RNM as well.  I thought the final bids were about right, high even.

MiniDave

And that's a staggering amount of money for a Moke too, IMHO!

But it does give justification to Mplayle and WillieB for ordering new body shells and spending that money on theirs...I expect they'll have about that in theirs time they're done.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Mokes have have been priced at a premium for a while.  I sold my '66 Moke back in 1995 for $12K.  That was a pretty healthy price back then compared to regular Minis.  So good Moke prices are not a new thing.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

The rally tribute Mini is up to $15k with an hour to go.  My guess is that it will hit $20K.  But kinda hard to tell how many buyers it will appeal to.    Not an ordinary Mini. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

Jimini II

Quote from: MiniDave on August 23, 2018, 02:55:35 PM
$33K for that Moke and the seller passed?????? What a maroon!

And the guy with the red Cooper S passed on $36K What the hell is wrong with these people?  :-[

Same guy both auctions Dave. Both those cars were bid over what they were worth which is common on BaT and ok imo when they are 100% nice or correct which neither one of these were not.

Jimini II

Quote from: BruceK on August 24, 2018, 10:24:25 AM
The rally tribute Mini is up to $15k with an hour to go.  My guess is that it will hit $20K.  But kinda hard to tell how many buyers it will appeal to.    Not an ordinary Mini.

A lot of negative comments mostly just nit picking especially from one guy who has been told by the owner that it is his auction and to shut up.

BruceK

The rally Mini was RNM at $16K.  I guess not everyone wants a replica, no matter how very nice it is.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

henrikthecat

That was (and is) my little rally replica. :) It was way too cheap a bid to sell for that amount, it's definitely worth more. Only reason for sale is a desire to get a Cooper or Cooper S as standard as possible. I want my kid to drive it, and can't really see him handling a RHD car anyway, never mind a rally replica.

It's for sale if anybody is interested.

Ooooohhh. And if you know who hectoral5 is, don't tell me. I don't want an arrest record.

Haha.

BruceK

Too bad about the RNM.  Definitely worth more.  I'm sure it will find a new home
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Welcome to the forum Henrikthecat!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Looked like a nice car to me.  I didn't get all the shitty comments.   

MiniDave

Quote from: Jimini II on August 24, 2018, 11:26:44 AM
Quote from: MiniDave on August 23, 2018, 02:55:35 PM
$33K for that Moke and the seller passed?????? What a maroon!

And the guy with the red Cooper S passed on $36K What the hell is wrong with these people?  :-[

Same guy both auctions Dave. Both those cars were bid over what they were worth which is common on BaT and ok imo when they are 100% nice or correct which neither one of these were not.

right, said he's a dealer too....said he's sold over 7000 cars over the last 10 years, but I find that hard to believe- that's 700 a year, almost 60 a month. That's a lot of cars unless you're a Toyota dealer.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Righteous

@henrikthecat
1. How much is the rally gear worth? In order to get the most out of your investment, selling those pieces separately might yield the greatest return.
2. You said it's for sale now. How much are you wanting for the car?
3. There were a few things that kept me (and maybe others) from bidding. 1) A previous owner had mentioned absent floor boards and rear-end damage, but you were unaware. 2) There was not sufficient photography of those areas of concern. There appeared to be repair to at least the left front floorboard and the battery box. 3) Some of the previous repairs were not of the highest caliber- rough welding on the battery box, red paint  overspray at the rear. 4) These are not necessarily deal breakers, but they breed uncertainty

MiniDave

Henrik, what are the two T-Handle wrenches in the back window for?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

henrikthecat

They're tire wrenches. The works cars had them, not a lot of room for tools so they put them where they could get them.

Quote from: MiniDave on August 25, 2018, 05:36:26 AM
Henrik, what are the two T-Handle wrenches in the back window for?

henrikthecat

You know... I spent 25 minutes writing out a lengthy reply to you (honestly). Then realized "what's the point?".

Best of luck to you.

Quote from: Righteous on August 24, 2018, 11:11:01 PM
@henrikthecat
1. How much is the rally gear worth? In order to get the most out of your investment, selling those pieces separately might yield the greatest return.
2. You said it's for sale now. How much are you wanting for the car?
3. There were a few things that kept me (and maybe others) from bidding. 1) A previous owner had mentioned absent floor boards and rear-end damage, but you were unaware. 2) There was not sufficient photography of those areas of concern. There appeared to be repair to at least the left front floorboard and the battery box. 3) Some of the previous repairs were not of the highest caliber- rough welding on the battery box, red paint  overspray at the rear. 4) These are not necessarily deal breakers, but they breed uncertainty

Righteous

Quote from: henrikthecat on August 25, 2018, 06:21:00 AM
"what's the point?".

1. Enlightenment
2. I'd hate to see your 25 min composition go to waste

MiniDave

Righteous, are you in the Lawrence All British Car Club? If so we may know each other.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

henrikthecat

Surely you missed the "self" part off of your username.

Quote from: Righteous on August 25, 2018, 08:24:29 AM
Quote from: henrikthecat on August 25, 2018, 06:21:00 AM
"what's the point?".

1. Enlightenment
2. I'd hate to see your 25 min composition go to waste

henrikthecat

It sold to the first person who came and saw it last night. Thanks all.

MiniDave

Wow, well done. Are you going to stay in our little community here? I'm sure you'll have another Mini soon, if you don't already.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad