Minis For Sale on BAT

Started by MiniDave, January 08, 2015, 01:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

Strong price, he came out well on that one!
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jimini II

Obsolutely. I think the majority of car listed on BaT bring all the money. Of course if they are all correct and ready to go they should but a lot are not that way, it has to be the strongest place to sell a car right now.

MiniDave

Yet another Mini on BaT, this time a JDM 998 4 speed......good looking color, but I wonder why they didn't refinish the top and bottom dash rails to go with the rest of the color change?

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1990-rover-mini-2/

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Well, the color changed surf blue JDM 998 Mini above brought $15,250.....a strong price IMHO.

On to the next......

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

Not the first Moke to be listed on BAT.  Not many come up though and it has been a while since the last one came up.  I think this is about the fourth.

MiniDave

Yet another Mini on BaT, this time a Mini 30 - looks very nice and I like the metallic cherry red! 

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1989-austin-mini-30/

The green Moke above brought $29,500!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jimini II

That UK Moke at $29.5k i thought was strong money but that is what happens when 3 people are bidding. To be fair apart from the respray it was pretty original and nothing was welded or patched over and as they say they are only original once.

The Mini 30 looks nice and in good shape most i have seen have been rusty. This one has had paint on the A pillars so i am guessing the scuttle has been repaired. I have heard that the later flat windshield rubber likes to hold water which may be correct as the earlier cars were not as prone to rusting there.

MiniDave

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1967-innocenti-mini/#comment-2130145

This Inno raises a lot of questions, especially about rust, but the motor might be worth the whole car.......at no reserve it should be an interesting auction....but I can't see paying over $5K for it.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

jedduh01

Quote from: MiniDave on April 04, 2018, 07:05:42 PM
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1967-innocenti-mini/#comment-2130145

This Inno raises a lot of questions, especially about rust, but the motor might be worth the whole car.......at no reserve it should be an interesting auction....but I can't see paying over $5K for it.

now at 15K... Somethings going on...
Car is rough all around.. Sure it may work,.,. but Rivete'd side panels? Surface rust everything... How can a built engine  look as' rough' as it does.. Must be an older build from mr russell.. Thats fine.. but the bid price is up there

Perhaps the Registration + pre SMOG requiremen issues in Californa  help this car more than the Whole.

Jimini II

Yes it looks fishy jumping to $15k with one bid in less than a day. I think the rivets were where the Fortech flairs were attached on the rear 1/4's. Not much originality of the Innocenti left and some serious work to bring it up to shape.

MiniDave

Yet another Mini for sale on BaT, this time a tasty little Traveler.....that needs a lot of mechanical work, as well as some help on the body - I mean, they couldn't tape off the headliner before they sprayed the interior? Come on.......

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1965-morris-mini-traveller/

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

stan360

Oh, so lazy to respray and not tape the damn headliner. That has to go first. Over spray on everything.

jedduh01

Man. I like that little traveler.!   Sure its Bits of this and that but thats what keeps it yours..

Seeing the Gaff tape + headliner condition it wasnt worth taping (masking)  it Should have been removed upon respray but the covering needs replaced anyhow... Good engine + gearbox + brakes + suspension sliding windows = long body OH YESSS

It could be a fine buy to tart up and finish! have a useful little wagon!   Yea , I like wagons.

MPlayle

That wagon has been for sale on Mini Mania off and on for quite some time.  I don't recall the asking price. 

Edit:
A refresh of the Mini Mania ad seems to have been recently done and shows an asking price of $10500.

SoCalMiniFan

Quote from: jedduh01 on April 06, 2018, 05:36:51 AM
Man. I like that little traveler.!   Sure its Bits of this and that but thats what keeps it yours..

Seeing the Gaff tape + headliner condition it wasnt worth taping (masking)  it Should have been removed upon respray but the covering needs replaced anyhow... Good engine + gearbox + brakes + suspension sliding windows = long body OH YESSS

It could be a fine buy to tart up and finish! have a useful little wagon!   Yea , I like wagons.

I love Volvo wagons! I've had one on my list of favorite cars since I learned to drive.  I really wanted a 240 as my first car but that didn't pan out. 
How are you liking your Santa Cruz (Bronson?)  I picked up a 5010 this year and it's the bees knees.
"If it's not fun, why do it?"

MiniDave

I'm also a wagon meister......with an Audi Allroad, my MINI Clubman (sort of a wagon) and my previous Mini was a Clubman Estate.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

jedduh01

Quote from: SoCalMiniFan on April 06, 2018, 11:13:08 AM
Quote from: jedduh01 on April 06, 2018, 05:36:51 AM

I love Volvo wagons! I've had one on my list of favorite cars since I learned to drive.  I really wanted a 240 as my first car but that didn't pan out. 
How are you liking your Santa Cruz (Bronson?)  I picked up a 5010 this year and it's the bees knees.

Wagon life.   I did some mini work on a Converted Van to a Window van and it was Darn Useful for a few days of Use.

Volvo for life!
  We even got my Mother in Law a wagon for 'baby duty"  also now have a SUV,  XC90 ... not near as FUN as wagons are to drive but its solid.

Santa Cruz Bronson = Simply Heaven.
    I Tested a 5010 too and it was a GREAT bike!.  Broke my other Big Mtn Bike, and needed a 'bigger" bike replacement.     Simply Shreds   the Harder you push it the easier it eats it up.. Mind boggling speed on the tough terrain.

Jims5543

Quote from: jedduh01 on April 06, 2018, 12:35:42 PM
Mini Overload!

Clubby!

Tidy!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-austin-mini-1275gt/

Somewhat local to me. Watching this one in case the bidding stays low. Sadly timing sucks.

Taxes are due next week and I have to pay my last Obamafine and I have to fund my IRA's in order to minimize my Obamafine, there is no money left for playing car.

If this is in a steal neighborhood I might move and take my financial lumps.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

MiniDave

Well, that blue Inno went for the 2nd bid, I wonder if that car really sold or if it was a mistake on the bidder's part? I guess we'll know if it gets relisted........$15007 was simply ridiculous for that car.

The nice black Clubby is up to $13K, which shows that a truly nice car will bring good money, even with a square nose!   ;D

The little red wagon is up to $4k, I can't imagine it going above $5K with as many problems it now shows - like a square end pipe drain plug that has to have silicone smeared all over it to keep from leaking, more silicone on the transmission case near the shifter and a whole host of other issues. There's a car under this mess, but it will take some skills and some dough to bring it out.

Stan's 2005 is now up to $9K with 6 hours to go, so I'm thinking he should get a nice finish to his auction.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jimini II

The worse part about the red Estate is the hit it took on the passenger floor, it is totally wrinkled and looks to be hammered out even the fender well looks out of shape. That being said the flip front fits very well and the mechanical's are worth close to the current auction price.
The Clubby looks excellent and for once the colour change looks to have been done correctly but if the auction does not pick up i am sure it will be RNM.

BruceK

When I first saw that red wagon on BaT, for about 2 seconds I thought i was seeing my old Traveller.   Seeing the condition I'm glad it is not my old car.   It would have been heartbreaking to see it run down like that. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

Lone Star Mini

the next time (if ever) I buy a Mini, I'm going to hire you guys for kicking the tires... 
Lone Star Mini
1982 Morris Mini 1000HL (heck of a lot of work ahead of me)
1992(?) Mini Cooper
1964 Austin Cooper
1980 Mini 95 (Pickup)

gr8kornholio

O I know.  If I'd known half of what I do now I probably wouldn't have bought the one I have or would have offered much less.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.