Minis For Sale on BAT

Started by MiniDave, January 08, 2015, 01:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Yes but I don't charge myself lol.

BruceK

Quote from: BruceK on September 08, 2017, 08:12:30 PM
Another Mini on BAT.    Not what you might be expecting.    If the markets crash you can count on your roof!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1991-rover-after-eight/

The 998 Mini with the real gold leaf roof sold for a little over $11K.   I'd say the novelty of the gold roof didn't really hurt it – or help it!
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

BruceK

Quote from: BruceK on September 12, 2017, 02:49:48 PM
Quote from: MiniDave on September 12, 2017, 02:36:06 PM
Quote from: BruceK on September 11, 2017, 02:16:17 PM
Nice Mini -  a Mk. I you can drive and enjoy without the worry of it being a true Cooper S. 

Depending on how the auction goes, I think he will get just a little bit more than he paid for it.

He paid $16,650 plus 5% buyers commission so about $17,500, plus $1600 to get it shipped to him - that's $19,100.....still think he'll make a little on it?

No.  I think it will bid to about $15K and may not make reserve.  But who knows?

As I said above, a lot depends on the tone of the auction.   Right now, the tone in the comments is  somewhat negative because it was listed as a Cooper.

Sold for $17250.  Seems like a good price for that car.   

So more than he paid for it, but less than he spent to ship it, pay tax on it, register it, etc.     But I'm sure he didn't buy it to make money on it.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

I'm sure he's thrilled with that result, and I think it was a good buy.......you're right, money is not the issue with him!   ;D
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

There must be several dozen different aftermarket kit cars bodies for Minis, this to me is one of the less successful looking ones.....

https://bringatrailer.com/2017/09/19/the-real-deal-1979-mccoy-mini/

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

I guess since underneath the mini is just two sub frames connected by a shell, you could literally make the shell anything.  A lot like the VW pan, the entire rolling chassis with engine is there, so just attached whatever to it.

Odd I have both, and turns out so do a lot of other people I've met.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

BruceK

That McCoy is not exactly a styling tour de force, is it?

Over at BAT, a Mk. I Cooper S was relisted and this time sold for $36K.  I  just could not warm up to this car - probably because of the over-processed and filtered photos.  It was like a woman with way too much make-up. 

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1967-mini-mk-i-2-2/

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

And now there is another Mini from Greece on BAT.    This is like the 3rd one in as many weeks.

It may be from the 70s, but this one screams the 90s with all the updates.  Said to have been completely refurbished.   Looks to be clean and well-built and very well presented with great photos.   The tan interior looks very nice.  For all the money that must have been spent on it, I wonder why they stuck with a 998 engine instead of a 1275?

Since it's far away in Greece that will put some people off, but I'm guessing someone will bid about $13K-$14K for it.    Not sure if that will make the reserve.  I think the bidding may depend on how often the smaller engine size comes up in the comments.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1979-mini-mark-iv/

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

gr8kornholio

Like someone said, that was an expensive head gasket.  Of course I'll stick with my original opinion that the back out had nothing to do with the head gasket.  My favorite part on that one was what I saw someone call the fat toe wheels.  Course now that's all I see. 

Think this Greek one is the same seller of the last one that didn't meet reserve.

"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MiniDave

I wonder if the bloom is off the rose.....of the last 40 auctions completed as of today, 11 of them did not make reserve. Might have something to do with why they asked my grandsons to run such a low reserve on their Honda Beat when they listed it.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

Wondered the same thing.  This auction listings are starting to look like a national craigslist/ebay with lots of random stuff trying to sell for TOP dollar. 

BruceK

Quote from: BruceK on September 22, 2017, 05:42:17 AM
And now there is another Mini from Greece on BAT.    This is like the 3rd one in as many weeks.

It may be from the 70s, but this one screams the 90s with all the updates.  Said to have been completely refurbished.   Looks to be clean and well-built and very well presented with great photos.   The tan interior looks very nice.  For all the money that must have been spent on it, I wonder why they stuck with a 998 engine instead of a 1275?

Since it's far away in Greece that will put some people off, but I'm guessing someone will bid about $13K-$14K for it.    Not sure if that will make the reserve.  I think the bidding may depend on how often the smaller engine size comes up in the comments.

24 hours to go and the reserve has been removed on this Mini.  I think that will get the ball rolling and it might sell for $15K-$16K.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

Quote from: BruceK on September 27, 2017, 02:34:16 PM
Quote from: BruceK on September 22, 2017, 05:42:17 AM

24 hours to go and the reserve has been removed on this Mini.  I think that will get the ball rolling and it might sell for $15K-$16K.

I was waaay off the mark.  Just sold for a fantastic price of $10,500. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

I think the biggest problem with this car is the location and the cost to get it here.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Nice Mk. I Cooper S from Australia on BAT. 

Difficult to tell how an auction will turn out, but since it's a real S, I'm guessing it's going to go for about the mid-$30K range.  Maybe more?   

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1968-morris-mini-cooper-s-2/

Mark, looks like it has that funky headliner style like yours - nothing like an English Mk. I or Mk. II headliner.   More like a Mk. III style.  Definitely a unique Oz feature.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

gr8kornholio

Yea, just hope the one from newton interiors is correct.  It claims to be the Australian MK1.  Fingers crossed when I order it.

MiniDave

What are you referring to on the headliner, looked like a normal MkI to me, what am I missing?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Quote from: MiniDave on October 09, 2017, 04:53:52 AM
What are you referring to on the headliner, looked like a normal MkI to me, what am I missing?

Not the material, but the shape of it.  A 'normal' English headliner sits above the cant rail, with painted metal visible just below the headliner.  And it's easily removable in a front and rear framed piece.  But apparently the Oz Minis had a headliner shape more like a Mk. III that come down further and was held in by the windows.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

The Cooper S from Oz is up to $17K with two full days remaining.   It's not totally stock, but nobody is throwing rocks at it, so the auction is going well. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

Not on BAT, but local to me.  Looks to be a Japanese-spec Mini with a/c   4.gif  and an automatic    :-[       Not inexpensive either.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/cto/d/1976-austin-morris-mini-cooper/6341131603.html

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

a 1976 like mine's a 72  :D

sure sits up high in front, looks like 14" wheels!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

And now for something completely different.....our own Larry H commented extensively on this the last time it showed up on BaT, 3 years ago.....if only it had a few more lights.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1966-wolseley-hornet-mkii/

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Wonder what it would cost to remove every single thing on it made after 1975. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

The last time it was on BaT in 2014, it didn't have any of the "extras", it had a white roof, chrome arches, 12" wheels, and no lights. I can't say all the extra stuff has helped the looks with the possible exception of the black roof - I think that looks smart on this car.

The inside boot pics are interesting - the extra length really shows up there.....this is the only pic I could find.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

The Aussie Mini is at $17,500 with 5 hours to go, wonder where it will wind up? One guy is saying that it would be cheaper and easier to buy this one and take it back to Oz than finding a nice one there.......

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad