Minis For Sale on BAT

Started by MiniDave, January 08, 2015, 01:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceK

Quote from: gr8kornholio on June 07, 2017, 11:24:21 AM
And the conversation drifted all the way to explaining methods for the cir clip installation.

Hey! Of course it did.   ;D
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

BruceK

There's a disturbance in the Force.

MiniGuy has the current high bid of $27,250 on the pristine blue Cooper S on BAT.

Should be interesting as the auction closes with such high bids already and still days to go.

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

gr8kornholio

I'm guessing, as to not knowing the cost of swiftune products, but it should be approaching cost to build?  It's into well built and sorted vtec money at this point.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MiniDave

I don't know what a Swiftune engine like this would cost to build, but with the 7 port crossflow head and Webers, I'm betting at least $10K.

But you bring up a good point about the Vtec, this car would be fun to drive, but not as a daily or for long drives, where Kel's Vtec was fully sorted, with A/C, and the same HP but in a much more reliable package.....for much less than this car is going to sell for.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

I've got a feeling this Mini will go for $35K or more.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

gr8kornholio

All we need are 2 to fight over it.  But didn't want to put negativity on the auction, so that's why I brought it up here.  I've come across 2 amazing vtecs for sale in the last couple years.  I know the yellow one went for less than 30 and not sure about the red one, but it was listed at 35.  I'll see if I can hunt down some links.

"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

gr8kornholio

Here's the red one.
http://www.minimania.com/cars4Sale/13959/1977_Austin_Cooper_Sedan

Here's the yellow one after some car dealer in Florida bought it and screwed it up. I just read the add and it cracks me up cause I know the history of this car.   Can't find the original add.  I saw it as low as 28K(it was on there for at least a year originally in san fran.) now this genius thinks he's going to get 36 for it.  Even listed on minimania where the original add was.

http://www.minimania.com/cars4Sale/13874/1961_Austin_Mini_SEVEN_Sedan

The hinges used to be yellow and the grille was blacked out.  Also had real seats in it.

BruceK

The blue Mk. II Mini Cooper S sold for.... (are you sitting down?) .....   fifty-six-thousand-five-hundred dollars!   :-\

Wow.  Just wow.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MPlayle

Especially since it started the day still at $27250!

MiniDave

$74,800 in Canukian money, interesting to see it's going to stay in Canada......

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

There's now a stunning Mk. I Cooper S on BAT.  And stunningly photographed too, (professional photographer I would say).   

I haven't studied all the photos in depth, but it looks very nice indeed.   Surprisingly, no under car shots yet. 

It's early to say, but if there are no surprises, I could see this one going for the upper $30Ks or more.

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1967-mini-mk-i-2/

I love the color.

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Doors don't fit any better than any of them....   ;D

Pretty car......if it doesn't have excuses and stories, it will sell well. One thing BaT bidders don't like are stories and explanations that don't make a lot of sense, or an arrogant non-involved seller.

Oh, and good ol Miniguy in with the first bid!

What's the sticker up on the left fender?

Edit: I found it.....that would be coming off immediately if it were my car.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

That wagon is being sold by the same person that sold me what is now Jim's pickup. 

The 12.5K miles listed is what it has see since the "restoration" in 2001.  Not much use in nearly 16 years.

PS> It is located in the DFW area, so conceivably Bruce could inspect it.

MiniDave

It's a small world here in Mini-land, isn't it?

The car looks terrific!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

I know the car and, Skip, the person selling it.  I was wondering why he and the wagon weren't at the All British Car Day a month ago. 

It's a very nice car. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

Mini racecar on offer at BAT.  Interesting to see the detail on all the race equipment.

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1960-austin-vintage-race-mini/ 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

There is now an Innocenti Mini on BAT.  I love looking at all the same-but-different stuff on them.
And I dropped a mention of Dan's shop in the comments because someone said it's too expensive to get a Mini restored.

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1966-innocenti-mini/
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

I try to sneak in a mention of the forum on every one of these Mini auctions.

This Inno is truly a project, isn't it! Bring a Trailer indeed!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Aridgerunner

OK guys, I'm on here now.  Great forum! 

I can't believe that there is not yet a bid on the Innocenti.  If I wasn't already into two mini's and a TR3 restoration I'd bid.  It's cool car.

Bill

BruceK

Welcome!   Nice to have you here.

Tell us about yourself.  I hope you'll be sharing lots of details and photos of your Minis.  We'd love to hear about them.

Yes, it is surprising there are no bids on the Innocenti yet.   I wonder if part of that is due to the fact it's way up in Maine?   
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

Aridgerunner

Bruce, thanks for the welcome. Does this forum have a section for "introduce yourself"?  Many others do and that helps the old timers see a newbie better.

Briefly, I bought my first Mini (a 1959 850) in 1970 while stationed in the UK.  I drove it for a few months and then dropped in an 1100 with remote shifter. I went through several cars for a while and then bought a new 1972 MGB GT.  I beat the crap out the GT and sold it with 41,000 miles on it when I left there.

I still have my 1957 MGA that I bought in 1968.  Sitting in the garage right now is 1978 Mini something.  It was originally a RHD car that was converted to LHD.  Someone then put in an MG Metro engine, Cooper front discs and rear drums.  The engine has an HIF 44 carb, long center branch header and 1.5 ratio roller tipped rockers.  The body is RUST. I'll post progress pictues soon.

In the barn is 1970 Mini MKII, external hinges, and sliding windows.  It was originally a Canadian car.  Next to it is a 1959 TR3, basket case. I've got more projects than brains or years left on the planet.  But I'm having more fun than should be allowed.

Bill

BruceK

Bill, sounds like you've got the British Car disease, and a bad case of it, like most of us here.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Welcome to the forum, Bill.

I also have the "British disease", with an E-Type, a Mini and a MINI!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Aridgerunner

Oh yes, BCD for sure.  It all started when I was about 12 years old.  Our neighbors owned a red MGA and the woman used to takes us (my brother and me) for rides in it regularly.  Her brother used to keep his little front engined, open wheeled race car in their garage.  It had a wierd name, Lotus.  We used to sit it and pretend to race.  And we would go watch him at the hill climbs.  Then he sold it and bought an Elite.  We were not allowed to play in that one. And as you expect, they had friends with other funny little sports cars.  Life was good!  Still is.