Minis For Sale on BAT

Started by MiniDave, January 08, 2015, 01:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Yeah after seeing these insane prices decided to build the car for myself.

BruceK

Now there's a Moke on BaT. 

It is just a bit of project, but perhaps it will be priced accordingly? 

http://bringatrailer.com/2016/11/14/no-reserve-1967-mini-moke-project/
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MiniDave

"Under $1000 at the time of this writing"

But yeah, just a bit of a project.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

It is also posted on Mini Mania for about $780.

jedduh01

I wish it was on my side of the country, that has all the potential to be brought right back!    I know  you could blast it,  weld it = clean it up = re sell for profit still dissassembled.   1K is still a bargain...

Who can go get it ,. store it while i can prepare to pick it up?

jeff10049

Well Shit, I missed this could of grabbed it in a weekend.
Oh well I have two other projects waiting.

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

There's another Mini for sale on BaT.    And it's a Mk. I, but, and of course it has been modified a little.   Some things might not be to everyones' tastes.

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1962-austin-mini-cooper-2/

My guess is that this Mini, baring any surprises about its condition, will sell for about $15K or so.   What do you think?
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MPlayle

The suspension sits a little low.  The flag door cards are not to my taste, but otherwise seems a nice car.

The way BAT auctions have been going lately, I would be tempted to say it might go between $18K and $20K.

MiniDave

Boy they sure do go on about whether it's a "Cooper " or not......over here they're pretty much all Mini Coopers......I think it will struggle to get much over $10K

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Yeah, some items not to my taste. 

Not a single mention of rust (or no rust) because some things are polarizing people.   I definitely think there are simple things that could be done to make it more "Mini" which would help it appeal to more potential buyers.    What's the deal with not using Mini gauges, or at least ones that look like Mini ones?  Seats are not my taste either. A grille with no grille surround?   The cheap Mini 25 wheel arches painted blue are the first thing that I'd change, replacing with the chrome trim that looks so good on an early Mini.   
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

In some of the comments it said the door cards were just thin plywood with the flag painted on them....

I think one guy hopes the negative comments continue, so he can buy it cheaper. In the comments they said it only got to $7500 at a recent auction, but the owner said that was a muscle car auction and there was no real interest in either his car or the other British car at the sale.

At any rate, it will be interesting to see which mods kill a car and which ones enhance it.

Seats look comfy to me, if not particularly good or appropriate, but then I had a Miata seat in mine.......

One other thing that kinda gripes me, and I see this in a lot of car ads......why can't they vacuum the interior before a photo shoot for an ad?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

The Blue Mini sold for $17,777..............

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

jeff10049

BAT seems to bring big money for some stuff. Although I have seen some deals here and there if I wanted to sell a car I'd certainly give it a try. That mini went about 7k higher than I would of thought.

BruceK

Quote from: jeff10049 on November 26, 2016, 01:54:14 PM
BAT seems to bring big money for some stuff. Although I have seen some deals here and there if I wanted to sell a car I'd certainly give it a try. That mini went about 7k higher than I would of thought.
Yeah.  A couple grand more than I thought.  Michael said between $18K and $20K, and he pretty much nailed it.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Not on BaT, but definitely one I've never seen before - and it's here in the US!

http://topclassiccarsforsale.com/austin/32719-1969-austin-mini-1000-fiberglass-body-made-in-chile.html

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

(I think you pasted the wrong link above - it goes to a Mini parts supplier)

Looks like that may be one of the fiberglass-bodied Minis from Chile?  Or the later ones, MiniCord, from Venezuela? 

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Yep, wrong link.....and yes, fiberglass bodied Mini made in Chile for sale in Tenn, $7500 asking price ....weird looking car, I'll see if I can find the link again.

Edit: Link corrected.....

http://topclassiccarsforsale.com/austin/32719-1969-austin-mini-1000-fiberglass-body-made-in-chile.html

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

I saw one of these at the British Motor Heritage museum in Gaydon about 20 years ago.  They look kinda of weird to eyes used to seeing regular Minis - the details are so different.   

Back in the 1990s, I was very interested in buying a new MiniCord, which was another, different, fiberglass Mini.  Much better looking IMO (they even molded in the weld seams -- and flares too).  There was a guy in Florida who was importing MiniCords from Venezuela where they were produced by an established company that specialized in building fiberglass truck cabs.  I received a MiniCord brochure and keychain, and t-shirt.  I was ready to pull the trigger.  Then the Feds were not as on top of <25 year imports back then, but the were smart enough to put a stop to the MiniCord cars coming here.

Here's one.  Note the unusual roof gutter. 

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

Here's a link to a photo album of a MiniCord.  Lots of little detail differences:

http://www.hotrodcolombia.com/?page_id=385
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

jeff10049

that would be fun to have I could drive it in the winter without the rust worry. I would think it to be safer/stronger car as well. 

I bid on a nice 53 ford prefect on bat last week but it went over my bid. Almost wishing id gone higher now... But I'm really looking for a Model A ford. Anyone a project model a for sale?

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1953-ford-prefect/

BruceK

Technically, this 1970 Mini 1000 Mk. II is not for sale on BAT, (it's being offered on eBay), but it is featured on BAT.

Said to rust-free, it looks very original. The Mk. II Minis are pretty rare since they were not built for very long - and very few got in to the US before the door shut in 1968.   

Ebay auctions are weird things, so it is difficult to estimate what it will sell for.  My guess is $8K to $10K, but if it was a BAT auction, I'd say easily $12K with the right seller participation. 

http://bringatrailer.com/2016/12/06/lhd-euro-import-1970-austin-mini-1000/

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

Looks like the first auction was stopped for some reason, and the Mini has been listed again:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Austin-MINI-MKII-Super-Luxe-Saloon-/201743801405?rmvSB=true
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

Quote from: BruceK on December 06, 2016, 03:33:02 PM
Ebay auctions are weird things, so it is difficult to estimate what it will sell for.  My guess is $8K to $10K ...

Sold for $8K.  Somebody got a nice, original Mini for that price.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

That looks like it was well bought for $8K......

I saw a thread on The Mini Forum (UK) that claims Mini prices are dropping over there....might be a good time to pick some up?

Hard to understand when someone in England paid $55K for a "barn find" Cooper S this past summer, but who knows? I'm sure they were talking about garden variety 70's and 80's 998s and such.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad